Please note that these roles require working to a rota pattern that involves weekend and evening work, as well as sleep-in shifts
Are you passionate about supporting young people to achieve their potential? Do you want to work in a challenging, team focused and rewarding environment? Have you got the drive to support a young person on their journey to independence? Do you have the skills to engage hard to reach young people?
This role is perfect for individuals who have experience of working with vulnerable people in a supportive setting including supported housing, social care, health care or a related area. We also welcome applications from experienced practitioners.
Centrepoint is the UK's leading charity for homeless young people. We provide a range of accommodation based and floating support services to vulnerable young people across London and the North East. Our vision is to end youth homelessness but until then we will continue to provide young people with a place to call home, tailored support and the opportunity to build the skills needed to sustain independent living.
We are looking for Supported Housing Officers for 2 x full time roles to join our excellent Housing and Support team in Harrow.
In this role you will:
- Work face to face with young people and support them to achieve their goals.
- Help young people overcome difficult circumstances and achieve independence.
- Work independently and as part of a team in accommodation based or floating support services for young people
- Undertake initial and on going needs and risk assessments for young people accessing services
- Manage your own caseload of young people, providing holistic support in line with their needs and aspirations
- Liaise with multiple agencies to ensure effective communication across the service and externally including social work teams, YOS, health and other statutory services and voluntary agencies
- Make internal and external referrals to a wide range of statutory and voluntary agencies for specialist support and Employment and Training opportunities
- Support young people to manage their rent accounts through liaison with the DWP, Social Services and building their own personal budgeting skills
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.