Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding new job? Two fantastic opportunities have come up in our Greenwich and Camden services for motivated and inspirational individuals with experience in delivering support to young parents and their children. The Greenwich role also covers a small service for single young women.
Successful applicants will have:
- Experience of providing housing, employment, health, welfare benefits and advice to young people (including young parents)
- Experience in providing family/parenting support
- Experience working in partnership with support agencies including Children’s Services and Health Professionals
- Experience of lone working and knowledge of health and safety requirements in supported accommodation
- A good understanding and experience of Safeguarding and Child Protection procedures (relating to vulnerable adults, young people and babies)
- Good IT skills (experience using Microsoft Office and ability to learn to use specialist in house programs)
- Experience working in supported housing taking responsibility for minimising arrears and voids, reporting and chasing maintenance issues is preferred but is not essential.
You will be required to work closely with the young people and should be an excellent communicator with an approachable nature. You must be capable of dealing with the residents in a calm and understanding manner. You will be required to work with young people to develop a support plan which is centred on their individual needs and then provide support (in conjunction with a range of other agencies) to enable our clients to achieve their goals.
What we offer in return...
In return for your efforts you’ll receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including:
- 25 days of annual leave per year, rising by one day per year to a maximum of 27 days
- Excellent training package to ensure you have the skills and knowledge to build a new career
- Employer pension contributions of 4%
- Clear career progressions, linked to portfolio work, that enables movement up the pay scale
- Access to Cycle 2 Work loan scheme
- An interest-free travel loan
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to fairness and equality within Centrepoint. We welcome applications from anyone with direct experience of being homeless or using young people's services.
Please note that these roles may require working to a rota pattern that involves weekend and evening work and includes undertaking sleepin shifts.
Locations: Camden x 1 and Greenwich x 1
Closing Date: 19 February 2020, 12 noon
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.