Female* Support Worker
Location: Ealing, W5
Application Deadline: 10 August 2020
Salary: £10.07 per hour (£19,743.12 per annum)
Certitude is an adult social care provider, rated as outstanding by CQC for our domiciliary care. We are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities and support more than 1,500 people in a diverse range of services across London. We employ 1,000 staff and are committed to their development. With Certitude, you have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life.
The people we support will have a sensory or learning disability, physical disabilities, complex health needs or mental health difficulties. The combination of these needs will require an individual who will be open-minded and patient.
You will facilitate the development of the people we support, so that they can lead full and active lives within the community.
To be a successful Support Worker, you will need to demonstrate:
- The ability to remain patient and calm under pressure
- The ability to work using your own initiative and a proactive approach
- A team player mentality
- An interest in outdoor activities such as swimming, games and long walks
- The ability to use a range of technology – internet, emails, databases, Microsoft Office, Excel, smart phones and iPads
We will trust you to:
- Build great relationships with the people we support and help them tackle their challenges and achieve their goals
- Observe change within the individual’s circumstances and respond accordingly
- Ensure effective day-to-day management of colleagues including effective activity delegation
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Pension salary sacrifice scheme
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- An attractive package of 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling
- We will pay for your Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP etc.
* These posts are exempt under section 9, part 1 of the Equality Act 2010
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.