Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner
Salary: £28,000 per annum
Application deadline: 12 July 2020
Certitude is an adult social care provider, rated as outstanding by CQC for our domiciliary care. We are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities and support more than 1,500 people in a diverse range of services across London. We employ 1,000 staff and are committed to their development. With Certitude you have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life.
Are you passionate about ensuring people with learning disabilities and autism live the life they want?
Do you want to be instrumental in changing the perceptions of people with who are considered to have complex and challenging support needs?
Can you use a range of analytical tools to co-design strategies that change the support that people receive, leading to improvements in their quality of life?
This is a great opportunity in our Intensive Support Team to make a real difference to the lives of people we support. We are looking for someone with experience in designing, implementing and embedding behavioural support strategies and interventions in line with Positive Behaviour Support approaches. Your passion, enthusiasm, drive for quality, excellent communication skills and track record of getting things done are needed. In return, you will get a rewarding career opportunity in an organisation that prides itself on allowing people to live the life they want as well as being a highly regarded London provider.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the needs of people with learning disabilities and autism including those with complex health needs, additional mental health needs and complex support needs
- Experience of implementing Positive Behaviour Support, assessment models, Sensory Integration approaches and an understanding of the experiences and viewpoints of families and support staff
- Experience of leading and coaching teams to implement techniques and strategies to embed person-centred working
- Facilitation skills, in particular the ability to work closely with people from a variety of backgrounds/professions
We will trust you to:
- Ensure that all intervention strategies are planned with individuals and the support around them, including external professionals, to ensure that they are positive in approach and impact
- Facilitate the implementation and embedding of strategies to enable consistency of support and ensure long term benefits for the person
- Act as an organisational resource on best practice in supporting people whose behaviour challenges, keeping up to date with current and emerging best practice and legislation in this area
- Role model and provide expert knowledge, training and leadership in developing Positive Behaviour Support approaches across Certitude
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension salary sacrifice scheme
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- An attractive package of 25 days’ annual leave
- Access to 24-hour Employee Assistance support
- We will pay for your Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme (eligible after one year’s service)
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Psychology, Positive Behaviour Support, Autism, Not for Profit, NFP etc.
To apply for the role of Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.