This is an exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Support Worker as we continue to grow as a leading social care provider in London.
Salary: £19,743.12 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent
Service: Learning Disabilities
Shift Pattern: Early, Mid Shifts, Lates
Application Deadline: 04 June 2020
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 33 days’ annual leave, pension scheme and access to 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
About the role
The people we support in this particular service have high support needs and autism. The shift patterns are early, middle and late shifts but this is service led.
The role of a Support Worker is to enable the people we support to live as independently as possible and to support them to have full and meaningful lives.
Duties will include:
- Making a difference to the lives of those you support
- Supporting people with all aspects of their daily living to maximise their independence; this will include supporting people with their daily activities, accessing the community, personal care, moving and positioning, finances and supporting people at mealtimes and around their house
- Supporting people with maintaining their health and attending health appointments
- Supporting people to build relationships, be part of their community and have meaningful lives
- Ensure all plans and records relating to the people we support are accurate and up to date
- Work in a consistent and positive way with local managers and other team members to ensure people get a great service
To be a Support Worker at Certitude, experience is not essential. Full training will be given; however, the following are essential:
- Ability to motivate others and build confidence
- Ability to work on your own initiative and also be a great team player
- Practical, adaptable and organised
- Ability to develop relationships with people who do not use words and develop your communication skills to meet their needs
- Have interests and skills that you are willing to share and get others involved
- Ability to use technology – PC and modern technology equipment
- Ability to meet the communication needs of the people you support
About the organisation
At Certitude we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1,500 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we are able to support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than a 1,000 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £34m.
Do you want to be a Support Worker at Certitude? Select the apply button shown to be brought to the application process.
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Keywords: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.