This is an exciting opportunity to join Certitude as a Support Worker as we continue to grow as a social care provider in London.
Salary: £10.61 per hour (£20,810.04 per annum)
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Service: Mental Health
Application Deadline: 12 June 2020
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 25 days’ annual leave, pension scheme and access to 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
About the role
The aim of this project is to improve the outcomes for people with mental health needs receiving acute care in Lambeth. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and you will support admission avoidance, ensuring that people with more complex needs can be discharged in a timely manner and ensuring the overall reductions in length of stay through close joint working with Lambeth community teams.
Duties will include:
- Establishing good relationships with existing local resources and communities within the Lambeth Borough such as Living Well Centres, GPs and Primary Care Networks and Crisis services
- Ensuring that the required paperwork is completed, including updating case files
- Promoting a person-centred culture, values and plan for supporting individual(s) to connect in the community
- Ensuring that community connecting activities are updated on the system regularly
- Representing Certitude at other external meetings as required
To be a Support Worker at Certitude, the following are essential:
- Experience of developing strong relationships with individuals and organisational customers
- Good knowledge of Lambeth (borough)
- The ability to motivate and coach the people we support
- The ability to facilitate workshops and coach volunteers
- The ability to use technology – PC and modern technology equipment
About the organisation
At Certitude we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1,500 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we are able to support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than a 1,000 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £34m.
Do you want to be a Support Worker at Certitude? Select the apply button shown to submit your application.
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Keywords: Support Worker, Community, Lambeth, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.