Experienced charity finance assistant sought to provide administrative and financial processing support throughout the organisation using Sage 50. This role is responsible for accounts payable process, ensuring that invoices and staff and volunteer expenses are paid on a timely basis, supported by the right documentation. The role ensures that accounting transactions are prepared and entered accurately in the Sage accounting system and generally support the Financial Director in achieving great financial stewardship of the charity’s funds. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administrative, data processing and inputting of the operations of the charity, with regard to the charity’s accounting policies and procedures. This includes reconciliation of all control accounts and ensuring the charity received the appropriate documentation before payments are made for expenses and invoices.
Only those candidates with relevant qualifications and experience, preferably in a charity, will be considered. To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, each of a maximum of two pages in length.
• Part Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or qualified by experience
• Excellent IT skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Good team player but also a self-starter
• Understanding of charity accounts.
Highly Desirable Requirements
• Experience of working in the charity sector
• Experience of using Sage 50
• AAT qualified or part-qualified CCAB accountant.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a similar role.
• Experience of using a computerised accounting package(s).
• Strong MS Office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
• Excellent written and spoken (face to face and phone) communication skills.
• Experienced or involved in implementing change in systems and processes is an advantageous
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.