About the role
This is an opportunity for an experienced finance professional/bookkeeper with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role to contribute to the day to day running of a busy, small, charity finance department.
The main skills sought are a willingness to take responsibility for a variety of tasks and to do so accurately and thoroughly. Current experience of Sage50 and intermediate knowledge of Excel are essential. It is a small team which will allow exposure to different aspects of accounting but also makes a “hands on” attitude essential.
Please submit your CV and a detailed cover letter addressing how your experience meets the person specification. This is initially a contract role with the view to becoming permanent, with the hours being worked over 4 days.
Purpose of the role
- Provide support to the Finance Manager and undertake accounting and administrative tasks as required
- Process daily transactions in sage50 cloud accounts professional
- Manage supplier records and invoices in sage50 cloud accounts.
- Keep accurate records of purchase orders and goods received notes.
- Assist in the implementation of new finance procedures and controls
Main Duties and responsibilities.
- Input transactions from bank statement to sage.
- Manage supplier invoices to prepare for payment, matching approved PO’s and Goods received notes.
- Ensure that there is a signed PO saved on the server for all purchases.
- Supplier query resolution.
- Keep accurate records of Purchase Order coding for accruals.
- Update sage supplier details
- Bank Reconciliations
- Managing petty cash
- Banking cheques and filing financial information
- Current knowledge of Sage50 financial software
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of financial record keeping
- Intermediate knowledge of excel
- Exposure working to tight deadlines
- Experience managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work on own initiative and from home if necessary
- Knowledge of charity sector.
Please send completed CV and cover letter to Finance Manager, Dariel Housego.