Job Description: Associate Partnership Manager (Maternity Cover)
We are recruiting a maternity cover Associate Partnership Manager to work within our Partnerships team.
With over 400 schools in our National Network of Excellence and 100 trusts this is an exciting time to join our central team and contribute to the success of our partnership. The successful candidate will lead the team responsible for managing our relationships with schools and hubs within our Network of Excellence.
This role combines team leadership with strategic oversight of our effectiveness in ensuring hubs and schools receive an excellent experience and help spread the impact and value of effective collaboration across the educational system, in line with our mission. Working directly with school leaders and hub managers, you will have excellent relationship management skills, an attention for detail and a commitment to continuous improvement in all that you and we do.
About Challenge Partners
Who we are: Challenge Partners is a practitioner-led education charity that enables collaboration and challenge between schools to enhance the life chances of all children, especially the most disadvantaged.
How we do it: The Challenge Partners central team works closely with school leaders and other education professionals to facilitate a variety of programmes and activities for schools in our partnership. We ensure the knowledge and skills of the best in our network are available to everyone, reducing the variability in education provision whilst improving the performance of all trusts, schools, leaders, and pupils in the partnership.
Our team: There are currently just over 20 people in our growing team. We are dedicated to working hard for our schools whilst enjoying what we do and who we work with. You will be working in a friendly and dynamic group with backgrounds in education, the wider social enterprise and charity sector, and the corporate world. The majority of roles are school-facing, and team members work closely with leaders in our schools to generate and refine ideas and create maximum value for the network.
The Associate Partnership Manager works within the partnerships team alongside an Associate Partnership Manager and the Knowledge Exchange Lead and is line managed by the Partnership Lead. You will be responsible for the account management of a number of hubs, take a lead on aspects of our network relationship management (e.g communications, event management, customer care) and will work alongside to support the knowledge exchange team and the network development team on recruitment and growth.
This is an exciting and varied role with opportunities to work across the organisation and develop your skill set.
- Support the induction and onboarding of new schools to their hubs and to the national Network of Excellence
- Provide ongoing support to a number of local area Hub Managers to ensure that every school within the hub is engaged in the local and national offer.
- Undertake ad hoc and scheduled phone calls, hub visits, regular surveying and trouble-shooting at local and national level
- Prepare regular and relevant high quality communications to our partner schools on a cyclical basis e.g. renewals, induction, onboarding, engagement emails and regular hub updates
- Identify, capture and disseminate examples of effective practice, case studies, accredited Areas of Excellence working with our Knowledge exchange team and hub manager network
- Support the organisation of our National Network meetings, Sharing Leading Practice events and national conference
- Maintain accurate and timely record-keeping on our CRM system
- Use data strategically to enable you to provide bespoke support for hubs, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our support for schools and hubs
- Analyse shared priorities within hub action plans and work with our knowledge exchange team to ensure these are systematically embedded in our knowledge exchange programmes
- Work with colleagues across the Challenge Partners Central Team to ensure our partners receive an excellent experience and to support schools’ understanding and use of the support and programmes available to them
- Other tasks commensurate with the role as appropriate
Specific skills and attitudes we are looking for in an applicant are as follows:
- Excellent relationship management skills and a friendly, personable demeanour, ideally with experience of relationship/ account management or business development within the education sector or similar
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to deal with people diplomatically and appropriately, building rapport with those at varying levels of seniority
- Positivity, optimism and agility - we are a small organisation and all staff are expected to contribute across the organisation (and beyond their specific job role) to ensure our success and sustainability. You will therefore need to be flexible and comfortable with uncertainty
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to prioritise effectively to meet competing demands, through excellent organisation and time management
- Excellent computer literacy - confidence and competence in using GSuite, Microsoft programmes and Salesforce (or similar CRM system) would be an advantage
- A willingness to learn and give and receive feedback
- A passion for education, and a desire to make a difference
Our team is very important to us, and we are looking for someone who shares our key values:
- Excellence- we are always looking for ways to improve because we are determined to achieve the best for every child, teacher and leader.
- Equity- we treat each other fairly, with trust, care and respect. We seek the best for every child, and know that those who have the least, need our combined expertise the most.
- Courageous leadership- we speak up and take responsibility for all children, making sure that we do not harm others in doing our best for our own schools
- Challenge- We expect the best of ourselves and each other, and value challenge which helps us improve
- Collaboration- We listen to, share with and learn from each other, developing our practice together so that every child benefits from our combined wisdom and creativity
- Innovation- We use and generate research, we innovate with discipline and evaluate intelligently in pursuit of better outcomes for all children, especially the most disadvantaged.
Benefits of working for Challenge Partners
- 25 days of paid holiday per year, plus 8 additional days of bank holiday (pro-rata for part-time)
- An employer contributed pension - we match up to 5% of your own contribution
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- A school based office in South Bermondsey. There is currently no requirement for staff to work in the office, but you may choose to do so.
- A supportive and friendly team
- A chance to make a real difference to educational outcomes
- The opportunity to progress and develop skills in a dynamic and fast-growing team
- The opportunity to interact with the children at our school (including weekly reading)
How to apply and our recruitment process
If you would like to be part of our team, then please apply with the following:
- A CV of no more than two pages
- A statement of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role and the person specification
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis and looking to appoint someone to start in January/February 2021. Please apply promptly to be considered for this role. We will close the application process when we appoint.
Start date: ASAP in January/February 2021 although we are prepared to be flexible to ensure that we recruit the most suitable candidate.