Data and Impact Assistant (part time 0.6 FTE)
We are recruiting for a Data and Impact Assistant to work within our Network Development Team.
With over 400 schools in our National Network of Excellence and 100 trusts this is an exciting time to join our central team and contribute to the success of our partnership.
As Data and Impact Assistant, you will have an important role to play in ensuring we use data effectively and strategically for the benefit of our partner schools, and to demonstrate the impact of our work. In this role, you will maintain our Salesforce database to a high standard of accuracy, find solutions to technical issues and work with others to deliver improvements/efficiencies to our CRM system. As a member of the Challenge Partners central team, you will contribute to every child receiving a great education.
The role is for 22.5 hours a week
About Challenge Partners
Who we are: Challenge Partners is a practitioner-led education charity that enables collaboration and challenge between schools to enhance the life chances of all children, especially the most disadvantaged.
How we do it: The Challenge Partners central team works closely with school leaders and other education professionals to facilitate a variety of programmes and activities for schools in our partnership. We ensure the knowledge and skills of the best in our network are available to everyone, reducing the variability in education provision whilst improving the performance of all trusts, schools, leaders, and pupils in the partnership.
Our team: There are currently just over 20 people in our growing team. We are dedicated to working hard for our schools whilst enjoying what we do and who we work with. You will be working in a friendly and dynamic group with backgrounds in education, the wider social enterprise and charity sector, and the corporate world. The majority of roles are school-facing, and team members work closely with leaders in our schools to generate and refine ideas and create maximum value for the network.
The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring that Challenge Partners is able to use data effectively to deliver and demonstrate impact for our partner schools. The Data and Impact Assistant will work with colleagues across the Challenge Partners team, as well as an external Salesforce developer, to help translate the needs of the organisation into technological solutions. The Data and Impact Assistant will troubleshoot issues, generate system improvements, and serve as a champion for effective data management within the team. In addition, they will be prepared to provide organisational and data support to emerging priorities as they arise. The post holder will report to the Network Development Manager.
The successful candidate will be comfortable inputting, manipulating and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data, and a willingness to develop their skills further. Prior experience of Salesforce or a similar CRM system would be an advantage.
The duties and responsibilities of the Data and Impact Assistant will include:
CRM administration: you will be responsible for maintaining Challenge Partners’ Salesforce database, putting in place processes to ensure a high standard of data accuracy. You will work with others to generate improvements/efficiencies, and work with internal and external partners to find solutions to Salesforce-related issues.
Reports and dashboards: you will assist team members by generating reports to support our ongoing monitoring and evaluation, and fulfilling data requests from team members and external stakeholders
Influencing others: You will serve as a champion for Salesforce and a culture of effective data management across the organisation, providing coaching or training as needed
Related organisational support: you will step up to assist and provide administrative support with emerging priorities as they arise, as agreed with your line manager
Specific skills and attitudes we are looking for in an applicant are as follows:
- Experience of inputting, manipulating and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data (prior experience of Salesforce or CRM would be an advantage)
- Excellent computer literacy, including with Microsoft Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Practical, methodical approach to solving problems
- Works collaboratively and effectively with others across the organisation
- Positivity, optimism and agility - we are a small organisation and all staff are expected to contribute across the organisation (and beyond their specific job role) to ensure our success and sustainability. You will therefore need to be flexible and comfortable with uncertainty
- A passion for education, and a desire to make a difference
Benefits of working for Challenge Partners
- 25 days of paid holiday per year, plus 8 additional days of bank holiday (pro rata)
- An employer contributed pension - we match up to 5% of your own contribution
- Private healthcare
- Flexible working hours
- A school based office in South Bermondsey. There is currently no requirement for staff to work in the office, but you may choose to do so.
- A supportive and friendly team
- A chance to make a real difference to educational outcomes
- The opportunity to progress and develop skills in a dynamic and fast-growing team
- The opportunity to interact with the children at our school (including weekly reading)
How to apply and our recruitment process
Challenge Partners is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you would like to be part of our team, then please apply with the following:
- A CV of no more than two pages
- A statement of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role and the person specification
This is a part-time role, and is based in London - although flexible working arrangements will be considered for the right candidate.
We will be interviewing on a rolling basis and looking to appoint someone to start in January/February 2021. Please apply promptly to be considered for this role. We will close the application process when we appoint.
Start date: ASAP in January/February 2021 although we are prepared to be flexible to ensure that we recruit the most suitable candidate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.