Marketing and Communications Executive
Full-time, with part-time (4 days and/or term-time) considered for the right candidate
About Challenge Partners
Who we are: Challenge Partners is a practitioner-led education charity that enables collaboration and challenge between schools to enhance the life chances of all children, especially the most disadvantaged.
How we do it: The Challenge Partners central team works closely with school leaders and other education professionals to facilitate a variety of programmes and networks for schools in our partnership. We ensure the knowledge and skills of the best in our network are available to everyone, reducing the variability in education provision whilst improving the performance of all schools, leaders, and pupils in the partnership.
Our team: We are a small, but growing, team of around 25 people. We are dedicated to working hard for our schools whilst enjoying what we do and who we work with. You will be working in a friendly and dynamic group with backgrounds in education, the wider social enterprise and charity sector, and the corporate world. The majority of roles are school-facing, and team members work closely with leaders in our schools to generate and refine ideas and create maximum value for the network.
This is an exciting role in which you will work closely with our Network Development Team to devise, implement and monitor communications and marketing activities and assets to further enhance our profile and reach, and substantially increase subscriptions to Challenge Partners.
Reporting to the Head of Knowledge Exchange and Engagement - who leads our communications activity - you will also contribute to our wider communications and engagement activities; events and publications; and work to spread excellent practice across schools and trusts in our network and beyond through our digital knowledge exchange programme.
To fulfil this role, we are looking for a proactive, highly-organised and personable individual, with two years’ or more experience in digital marketing and communications, who is able to take the lead on exciting projects including the redesign of our website and production of our annual report.
Key responsibilities This is a varied role and on any one day you could be planning digital marketing campaigns, writing for social media, filming at events, monitoring our engagement, writing for our website, or project managing key marketing activity.
Communications and marketing for growth and influence: you will plan and deliver campaigns, create and curate content; monitor and evaluate campaigns using Google Analytics, social media analytics and other key metrics.
Enhancing our brand and communications activity: project manage redevelopment of our website; ensure all customer-facing communications are branded to a high standard and uphold our house style; coordinate external communications across Challenge Partners; train and advise other team members on areas of communications such as: tweeting, filming videos and crafting engaging emails.
Events and publications: project manage production or our Annual Impact Report, working with designers and co-ordinating content; promote national network events including National Conference.
Knowledge exchange: film and edit video; help to write, design and distribute our partnership e email newsletter.
Other responsibilities as required: all Challenge Partners staff are expected and encouraged to work collaboratively on projects outside their immediate areas of responsibility throughout the year.
At least two years’ experience in marketing and communications. Specific skills and attitudes we are looking for include:
- Creativity and excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to write for different audiences
- Experience in website content management, social media, and other marketing/external communications
- Digital marketing expertise including use of Google Adwords and Analytics
- Project management experience
- A can-do attitude and ability to prioritise effectively to meet competing demands, through organisation and time management
- Outstanding attention to detail, and pride in your work
- An ability to edit marketing leaflets and images to promote our work, designs skills would be a bonus
- High computer literacy, with experience of using software including: G-Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop/Premier Elements or similar, Mailchimp
- Experience of Salesforce would be an advantage
- The ability to deal with people diplomatically at all levels, building a rapport
- A passion for education, and desire to make a difference
Our team is very important to us, and we are looking for someone who shares our key values:
● Excellence- we are always looking for ways to improve because we are determined to achieve the best for every child, teacher and leader.
● Equity- we treat each other fairly, with trust, care and respect. We seek the best for every child, and know that those who have the least, need our combined expertise the most.
● Courageous leadership- we speak up and take responsibility for all children, making sure that we do not harm others in doing our best for our own schools
● Challenge- We expect the best of ourselves and each other, and value challenge which helps us improve
● Collaboration- We listen to, share with and learn from each other, developing our practice together so that every child benefits from our combined wisdom and creativity
● Innovation- We use and generate research, we innovate with discipline and evaluate intelligently in pursuit of better outcomes for all children, especially the most disadvantaged.
Benefits of working for Challenge Partners
● 25 days of paid holiday per year
● An employer contributed pension - matched up to 5% of your own contribution
● Private health insurance
● Flexible working hours, involving remote and office work
● A supportive and friendly team
● A chance to make a real difference to educational outcomes
Salary £23,000 - £27,500
How to apply and our recruitment process
Challenge Partners is committed to further enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our team and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Applications are welcomed from individuals who would like to work part-time (minimum 4 days a week), term-time, job-share, flexibly or on secondment.
If you would like to be a part of our team, then please apply via Charity Job no later than midnight on Tuesday 2 November providing:
● A CV of no more than two pages which includes your current salary
● A statement of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role and the person specification
Please note that we will disregard your application if we do not receive a CV and role-specific cover letter.
Appointment will be dependent on receipt of satisfactory references and completing a DBS check.
Please state in your covering statement whether you wish to apply full-time, part-time, job-share, flexible working or on secondment.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to telephone interviews on Friday 5 November.
Successful candidates will then be invited to final interviews on Tuesday 9 November.
You should also notify us if you have any issues with the proposed timeline.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.