Network Development Manager
Full-time, with part-time (4 days and/or term-time) considered for the right candidate
About Challenge Partners
Who we are: Challenge Partners is a practitioner-led education charity that enables collaboration and challenge between schools to enhance the life chances of all children, especially the most disadvantaged.
How we do it: The Challenge Partners central team works closely with school leaders and other education professionals to facilitate a variety of programmes and networks for schools in our partnership. We ensure the knowledge and skills of the best in our network are available to everyone, reducing the variability in education provision whilst improving the performance of all schools, leaders, and pupils in the partnership.
Our team: We are a small, but growing, team of around 25 people. We are dedicated to working hard for our schools whilst enjoying what we do and who we work with. You will be working in a friendly and dynamic group with backgrounds in education, the wider social enterprise and charity sector, and the corporate world. The majority of roles are school-facing, and team members work closely with leaders in our schools to generate and refine ideas and create maximum value for the network.
This is an exciting role in which you will play a key role in driving the ambitious next phase of growth and development in our network, taking Challenge Partners into new parts of the country where we can make a difference. You will work closely with the Head of Network Development to devise, project manage and execute a tactical growth strategy, and with our Marketing and Communications Executive to devise and execute high impact sales and marketing plans that will result in accelerated growth of our partnership.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional, preferably with experience of working across sales and marketing functions in a membership organisation or charity. Experience of working in or serving schools in England would be ideal. Applications from candidates without this will be considered if they can demonstrate how they would quickly build credibility with school and trust leaders.
- Work with the Head of Network Development to devise and implement sales plans that align with our ambitious growth strategy
- Identify key prospects, develop effective approaches to engage potential new school and trust leaders in our offer
- Broker meetings between Challenge Partners’ senior staff and advocates with school and trust leaders
- Keep the CRM updated with all relationships, meetings and developments, project managing lead conversions and supporting through proposal to contracting
- Represent Challenge Partners externally at prospecting meetings and events
- Build and grow good relationships with school and trust leaders to develop a wide network of contacts, continually growing and developing our leads
Sales management, use of data and reporting
- Support development of our CRM for excellence in account management working with our Data and Impact Assistant to implement enhancements to Salesforce
- Develop and refine tools, processes and resources to enable high volume sales with repeatable processes, collaborating with the Marketing and Communications Executive to introduce greater automation and use of metrics to inform strategy
- Provide regular reports with monthly KPIs and data across sales pipeline, lead conversion and customer care
Marketing Insights and Activity
- Gather customer insights throughout the year to enable us to refine our partnership offer, improve retention and inform sales and marketing (e.g. surveys, focus groups)
- Help shape our marketing strategy, aligned to our sales plan and growth strategy. Ensure agreement on key activities and responsibilities with the Head of Knowledge Exchange and Engagement and Head of Network Development
- Provide curated information on programmes, networks and hubs for content marketing and help to create marketing assets
Minimum of 3 years experience of business development and /or sales is preferred. Specific skills and attitudes we are looking for include:
- Commitment to our mission and values
- An externally focused and proactive attitude, with the energy and passion to engage people and excite them in Challenge Partners
- Great presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to move seamlessly between strategic thinking and operational delivery and do both
- Proven sales track record or experience of business development
- Project management experience and confidence in using a CRM system
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to form positive relationships with colleagues and school leaders from a range of backgrounds
Our team is very important to us, and we are looking for someone who shares our key values:
● Excellence- we are always looking for ways to improve because we are determined to achieve the best for every child, teacher and leader.
● Equity- we treat each other fairly, with trust, care and respect. We seek the best for every child, and know that those who have the least, need our combined expertise the most.
● Courageous leadership- we speak up and take responsibility for all children, making sure that we do not harm others in doing our best for our own schools
● Challenge- We expect the best of ourselves and each other, and value challenge which helps us improve
● Collaboration- We listen to, share with and learn from each other, developing our practice together so that every child benefits from our combined wisdom and creativity
● Innovation- We use and generate research, we innovate with discipline and evaluate intelligently in pursuit of better outcomes for all children, especially the most disadvantaged.
Benefits of working for Challenge Partners
● 25 days of paid holiday per year
● An employer contributed pension - matched up to 5% of your own contribution
● Private health insurance
● Flexible working hours, involving remote and office work as well as in-person attendance at events around the country
● A supportive and friendly team
● A chance to make a real difference to educational outcomes
£35,000 - £40,000
How to apply and our recruitment process
Challenge Partners is committed to further enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion within our team and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Our approach is to use blind shortlisting in accordance with best practice.
Applications are welcomed from individuals who would like to work part-time (minimum 4 days a week and/or term-time), job-share, flexibly or on secondment.
If you would like to be a part of our team, then please apply via Charity Job no later than midnight on Tuesday 2 November providing:
● A CV of no more than two pages which includes your current salary
● A statement of no more than two pages demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role and the person specification
Please note that we will disregard your application if we do not receive a CV and role-specific cover letter.
Appointment will be dependent on receipt of satisfactory references and completing a DBS check.
Please state in your covering email whether you wish to apply full-time, part-time, job-share, flexible working or on secondment.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to telephone interviews on Friday 5 November.
Successful candidates will then be invited to final interviews on Tuesday 9 November.
You should also notify us if you have any issues with the proposed timeline.