Marketing and Communications Officer – Permanent
The Marketing and Communications Officer will support the promotion of Challengers, both externally and internally. The Marketing and Communications Officer will be a member of our dynamic team of fundraising and communications professionals, all of whom are committed to fundraising vital income and promoting the play & leisure opportunities for disabled children and young people.
With the support and guidance of the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager, the post-holder will work on content across the charity’s digital media channels – including website management. They will be proactive in creating and sourcing exciting and relevant content to engage its audiences.
The successful candidate will support on all mass internal and external email communications, manage the charity’s website and support the development of the digital strategy.
Challengers is a charity with an excellent reputation delivering Play and Leisure services to over 1,400 disabled children and young people across the South East. At Challengers, disabled children and young people play, relax, make friends and truly feel that they belong. At the same time, families with disabled children can use these short breaks to pursue ‘ordinary’ activities such as shopping or spending time with their other children.
Challengers has been awarded an employer’s rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars on Indeed! Recent employees have said:
- “No two days at Challengers are the same, it is a vibrant and dynamic workplace”
- “Challengers is the most rewarding, fun and exciting job ever”
- “Never have I worked at a place that is so positive”
Person Specification – Marketing and Communications Officer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to use design software including Canva and/or Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Website management experience and use of a Content Management System – in particular WordPress.
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Good knowledge of social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Analytic, clear thinking and the ability to prioritise tasks, apply common sense and judgement.
- Personable, friendly and able to communicate well with a range of people.
- Organised and self-sufficient, able to work independently.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and flexibility to work outside conventional office hours when required.
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities and Inclusion – that all children and young people have a human right to have access to the same opportunities that other children and young people have.
- Previous use of mass emailing software, in particular DotDigital.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Ads.
- A clear understanding of the “Challengers Approach” and the Social Model of Disability and a commitment to delivering programmes according to that ‘ethos’
- Understanding of the issues facing disabled children and young people, and their families.
- An understanding of the role of not-for-profit organisations in the provision of services.
What we offer!
- £18,037.95 to £19,606.47 per annum (dependant on experience)
- Permanent position
- Location: Guildford Office with travel to other sites
- Hours: Full Time (35 Hours per week, Monday to Friday)
- 24 days annual leave including 4 days for extended Christmas break
- Regular free training provided, NEST Pension, Health Care Cash Plan available, free Parking and free DBS, annual leave increases with service
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.