Chance to Shine are looking for a Finance and Office Assistant to join our small team based at the Oval Cricket Ground. Despite the challenges posed by the Covid pandemic, we are proud of how we have managed to adapt our delivery to ensure we are able to continue to help young people to play, learn and develop through cricket. The role would suit a well organised individual, with strong attention to detail, looking to further their career in finance. As a small team, this role will have the opportunity to support a wide range of administrative tasks within the Finance & Resources department. You don’t need to be familiar with cricket but being supportive of our aims and sympathetic to our values are vital
Job Title – Finance and Office Assistant
Salary - £21,000 - £23,000 per annum depending on experience
Contract Type – Permanent (Full time), 37.5 hour/week
Benefits - 8% non-contributary pension, private medical healthcare, life insurance, 25 days annual leave (with additional non-contractual time at Christmas when the office is closed), season ticket loan scheme
Location – London Office, The Kia Oval, London SE11 5SW
Reporting to – Management Accountant
Closing Date – 12th February 2021
Chance to Shine has been at the forefront in the delivery of sport for good for over 15 years, with a far-reaching national programme that spreads the power of cricket to schools, hospitals and communities across the country. Our ambition of ensuring that every child has the opportunity to play and learn and develop through cricket has seen us reach more than five million children in over 16,000 states schools and 200 community projects. We are passionate about what we do, and pride ourselves on our inclusivity. At Chance to Shine we truly believe that cricket is a game for all, and have showcased this through the work on our Street programme, our support for Black History Month, and our dedicated Secondary School Girls programme. Chance to Shine is a leader in using technology to support our efforts, with live streamed sessions, online fundraising events, and an innovative digital portal providing free online coaching resources. Based at London’s historic Oval cricket ground, this is an exciting time to join the team as Chance to Shine continues to help change the lives of children and young people across the UK, developing the personal, social and physical skills of the 500,000 children that we work with every year and having fun whilst doing it.
Purpose of the Role
The core purpose of Finance and Office Assistant’s role is to support the Finance and Resources team at Chance to Shine. The Finance and Resources team provide day to day support to all departments in the charity and trading subsidiary, Chance to Shine Enterprises Ltd, around finance, office, HR and general administration.
The Finance and Office Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Recording and analysing income and expenditure and posting transactions onto SAGE 50 Accounts
- Banking cash and cheques received
- Raising invoices and monitoring debtors
- Administering invoice approval and payment processes
- Operating expense claim procedures and payments
- Support delivery partner expenditure review process
- Support Finance & Resources department as required with ad hoc administrative support
- Oversee and monitor the Office and Administration budget.
- To ensure that the general office space is always fully operational including collecting and distributing incoming post and keeping postage, printing and stationery supplies readily available.
- To liaise with the Kia Oval, regarding the general office space, car-parking, meeting rooms and staff accreditation.
- Help manage storage space at Kia Oval and offsite.
- To oversee day-to-day compliance with health & safety obligations at the Chance to Shine Kia Oval office. To include duties such as: fire and general office risk assessments and maintenance of incident log.
- To provide administrative support for HR processes, including drafting letters and maintaining employee records.
- To manage the process of inducting new employees to CTS, including managing office and IT requirements.
- To help monitor the charity inbox and respond to general enquiries.
- To take minutes at Chance to Shine Board and Committee meetings.
- To provide diary support to the Chief Executive.
- To help out, as required at Chance to Shine events, such as fundraisers, media events and regional Chance to Compete finals.
- To support all departments as required with ad hoc administrative support.
The job holder will liaise with:
- Chief Executive and the CTS senior management team
- External contractors, landlords, volunteers and suppliers
- Operations, Fundraising, PR & Communications and Impact & Evaluation teams
- ECB People, IT and Finance teams
Skills, knowledge & personal competencies
The job holder should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent IT skills: knowledge and experience of using MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in an organisation with a customer service culture
- Able to plan and prioritise and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative-confident/self-starter/finisher
- An effective and enthusiastic team player
- Willingness to learn with a can do attitude
- Enthusiasm to embrace Chance to Shine values: Inspiring, ambitious, passionate, inclusive and fun
Experience & qualifications
- Office experience in a similar sized organisation
- Experience of SAGE 50 Accounts or similar accounting system or a willingness and aptitude to learn
- AAT or similar level accounting qualification (or studying towards) or a strong desire to study accounting as a vocation
- Experience in a finance support role
- Experience in taking meeting minutes
- Familiarity with CRM contact databases (Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce or similar)
Chance to Shine is committed to ensuring that the diversity of our staff team reflects the full diversity of the young people that we serve. Therefore, we welcome applications from all communities.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining what makes you the ideal candidate for the role and what attracts you to Chance to Shine to [email protected] .org by 5pm on Friday 12th February 2021. We advise submitting your application as early as possible as we may have to close the advert sooner if oversubscribed. Interviews provisionally week commencing 22nd February. Due to Covid-19 restrictions interviews will be conducted via video conference.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.