Chance to Shine is a national children’s charity. We give young people the opportunity to play, learn and develop through cricket. We keep them physically active, teach them vital skills like teamwork, communication and leadership. And above all, they have fun!
Chance to Shine coaches inspire children and teachers in state schools and disadvantaged communities. We work with half a million children each year - nearly half of them are girls.
Street cricket sessions are fast, fun and loud. They take place in the heart of communities all across the country, anywhere from a housing estate to a sports hall - and all year round.
We’re really passionate about what we do but we’re ambitious and we want to do more.
The Fundraising Team is tasked with securing new partners and donors and the stewardship of existing supporters across a range of funding streams: corporate, events, trusts and foundations, individuals, and statutory funding to support the delivery of Chance to Shine programmes.
This is an exciting time to be joining the fundraising team with 2019 being a record fundraising year. We have an established calendar of events including our Chance to Dine gala dinner, annual awards ceremony, a golf day at The Berkshire and in recent years a series of bespoke dinners and drinks receptions with VIP’s from the world of cricket. This role will manage all of these events as well as creating and delivering new events to achieve income growth across this area of fundraising.
You will be based at the Oval with a view of the pitch from the office!
Purpose of the role
The role of the Special Events Manager is to maximise income for Chance to Shine from fundraising events and to deliver wider organisational stakeholder events. The role primarily leads on:
- Developing an events strategy to maximise income from fundraising events and to maximise opportunities for organisational stewardship events
- Planning, budgeting, sales and delivery of fundraising events which typically include gala-dinners, ambassador led events and golf days.
- To build positive relationships with charity VIPs and ambassadors.
- Lead on the delivery of organisational celebratory stakeholder events marking charity milestones.
- To lead on governance relating to events including developing and managing budgets.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 30th September 2019
Interviews: 1st Interview date Thursday 10th October 2019
To apply: Please send your CV and covering letter. Unfortunately we can only respond to those who are invited to interviews. Thank you for your interest.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.