At Changes UK we recognise that addiction is often a result of difficult life experiences, our team have been helping people find recovery for over a decade and having recently been awarded Lottery funding to expand our service provision to include residential detox, we are expanding our team
Are you an experienced Recovery Coach in long term recovery looking to join a passionate team? We are offering an opportunity to join us at an exciting time as we move into this next stage of development.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Responsible for Service Users’ needs and communicating these needs to other staff and professionals involved.
- To Lead, supervise and coordinate a team of Recovery Coaches and Volunteers
- Write review reports and other reports as necessary.
- Involved in review meetings concerning Service Users.
- Involved in setting up and implementing personal care plans for Service Users.
- Involved in the assessment, triage, and admission of new Service Users.
- Help new Service Users settle into the Service.
- Assist Service Users with their detox.
- Facilitate both one to one and group therapy for Service Users.
- Ensure all client records, databases and logs are completed and up to date.
- Assist in handling finances and record all transactions outlined in the company guidelines.
- Assist with personal care with due regard to dignity, respect and privacy of the individual.
- Have a clear understanding of all Service User risk and relapse indicators.
- Assist in administering prescribed medication and keeping medication records up to date in line with company procedure.
The focus of all interventions for service users will be:
- Support Service Users to achieve and sustain full recovery.
- Support desistance from crime, freedom from dependence and active citizenship.
- Inspire healthier lives and wellbeing.
- Provide effective coaching, identify and encourage areas of strength, skill and opportunity for each mentee.
- Use evidenced based interventions based on best practice guidelines.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the Service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved.
- Record and input client data and information in order that the Service operates within contractual, administrative and financial requirements.
- Develop and maintain excellent working links/partnerships with referring agencies.
- Provide recovery check-ups to Service Users and early re-intervention work to ensure recovery is sustained or the harmful consequences of relapse are minimised.
- Facilitate groups and one to ones with Service Users to discuss relevant issues regarding their recovery.
- Signpost Service Users to relevant agencies to ensure a comprehensive, individual support package is being provided.
- Help Service Users with skill development inside and outside the Detox/Recovery Academy.
- Listen to Service Users, including their feelings about any difficulties they may be having.
- Help Service Users to make informed choices.
- Implement personal care plans set out for Service Users.
- Communicate with other staff/volunteers about Service Users’ needs/activities.
- Provide all aspects of personal care to residents.
- Promote and support the physical, emotional and wellbeing of residents.
- Encourage independence and self-belief.
- Support residents at meal times, in accordance with their individual needs.
- Ensure the environment is maintained to a high standard including shared areas.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of Service Users.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to moving and handling of Service Users and fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Take an active interest in your personal and professional development by contributing to supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings and training.
- Adhere to all company and local policies/procedures.
- Develop positive professional relationships with residents, visitors and colleagues.
In carrying out the above duties the post holder will:
- Work across various sites across the region as required.
- Work flexibly within an agreed number of hours of work to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision including late night and weekend support and outreach.
- Seek to improve personal performance, contribution, knowledge and skills.
- Participate in appraisal, supervision and Learning & Development processes.
- Keep abreast of developments in services, legislation and practice relevant to the client group.
- Ensure the implementation of all Changes UK policies and procedures.
- Contribute to maintaining safe systems of work and a safe environment.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
- Additional pay for Bank Holidays
- Fully funded & recognised qualifications
- Staff rewards scheme
- Company phone and laptop
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday
NOTES: This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Amendments: This description accurately reflects the present position; it may be amended and reviewed. Any change will be made following a proper period of consultation.