MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for Service Users’ needs and communicating these needs to other staff and professionals involved.
- Write review reports and other reports as necessary.
- Involved in review meetings concerning Service Users.
- Help new Service Users settle into the Service.
- Assist Service Users with their detox.
- Ensure all client records, databases and logs are completed and up to date.
- Ensure that all communal areas of the property are sanitized and kept to high standard of cleanliness.
- Assist in administering prescribed medication and keeping medication records up to date in line with company procedures.
- Assist in handling finances and record all transactions outlined in the company guidelines.
- Assist with personal care with due regard to dignity, respect and privacy of the individual.
- Have a clear understanding of all Service User risk and relapse indicators.
The focus of all interventions for Service Users will be:
- Support Service Users to achieve and sustain full recovery.
- Support desistance from crime, freedom from dependence and active citizenship.
- Inspire healthier lives and wellbeing.
- Provide effective listening skills and empathy, identify and encourage areas of strength, skill and opportunities for each client.
- Use evidenced based interventions based on best practice guidelines.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the Service to ensure that contractual output targets are achieved.
- Record and input client data and information in order that the Service operates within contractual, administrative and financial requirements.
- Maintain excellent working links/partnerships to provide a multi-agency approach.
- Provide regular room checks throughout the shift and accurate reporting on each clients’ well-being.
- Help Service Users with skill development inside and outside the Detox/Recovery Academy.
- Listen to Service Users, including their feelings about any difficulties they may be having.
- Understanding, assessing and reporting any change in risk to clients.
- Help Service Users to make informed choices.
- Implement personal care plans set out for Service Users.
- Communicate with other staff/volunteers about Service Users’ needs/activities.
- Provide all aspects of personal care to Service Users.
- Promote and support the physical, emotional and wellbeing of Service Users.
- Encourage independence and self-belief.
- Support residents at mealtimes, in accordance with their individual needs.
- Ensure the environment is maintained to a high standard including shared areas.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues, and undertaking all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Practice safe systems of work across the entire service.
- Understand personal responsibilities with regard to Health and Safety at Work legislation, particularly in relation to fire safety and evacuation procedures.
- Take an active interest in your personal and professional development by contributing to supervision and appraisal meetings, attending team meetings and training.
- Adhere to all company and local policies/procedures.
- Develop positive professional relationships with Service Users, visitors and colleagues.
GENERAL TERMS OF REFERENCE
In carrying out the above duties the post holder will:
- Work across various sites across the region as required.
- Seek to improve personal performance, contribution, knowledge and skills.
- Participate in appraisal, supervision and Learning & Development processes.
- Keep abreast of developments in services, legislation and practice relevant to the client group.
- Ensure the implementation of all Changes UK policies and procedures.
- Contribute to maintaining safe systems of work and a safe environment.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post.
Special conditions of service
9:30pm – 7.:30am
37 hours per week including weekends and Bank Holidays.
Holiday entitlement: 5.6 weeks holiday per year.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.