PART-TIME SKIN CAMOUFLAGE PRACTITIONERS:
We are looking for professional, and empathetic individuals with a background in nursing, beauty therapy, or healthcare to work with us as Part-Time Skin Camouflage Practitioners for a few weekdays a month. Working remotely from community venues, the successful candidates will provide practical skin camouflage advice to people affected by a visible difference.
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Would you like to support people with a visible difference?
We have vacancies for part-time Skin Camouflage Practitioners to support the delivery of our skin camouflage service in their community. Please read the attached details carefully.
KEY INFORMATION ABOUT THE ROLE
Contract: Fixed-term, part-time until 31st March 2022. Possibility of extension.
- Bristol and Exeter – 2 days per month (1 day at Exeter and 1 at Bristol).
- Sheffield – 2 days per month.
Salary: £11.02 per hour
Interviews: Due to urgent need, we will be considering applications as we receive them and will get in touch with you regarding an interview, if successful.
Training: The successful applicants must be available attend training in Central London on Friday 12th November 2021. Accommodation for the night of Thursday 11th November and travel will be paid for by Changing Faces. Ongoing mentoring will be provided to supplement this course.
We are busy rebuilding capacity in the service following COVID-19 restrictions. We continue to improve and develop the service around the country to provide the very best experience for our clients. The Skin Camouflage Practitioners will:
- Deliver Skin Camouflage clinic appointments to our clients.
- Help signpost clients to other Changing Faces services or resources they may be interested in.
- Work with the Skin Camouflage Team to continually review, develop, and maintain the service.
- Support the Skin Camouflage Team to develop and maintain the skills and knowledge of all practitioners by participating in and contributing to training.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience within a related industry such as nursing, beauty therapy, or healthcare. Experience as a make-up artist is a definite advantage for this role.
- The ability to support clients professionally and with empathy, including clients in distress.
- A willingness to follow Changing Faces’ Skin Camouflage practices and procedures.
- Strong commitment to Changing Faces values, vision and purpose.
If this sounds like you – we would love to hear from you!
We are always looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us and help improve the lives of people with visible differences. In line with our commitments to race equity, we are particularly seeking applications from People of Colour/ BAME people. We are always open to conversations about flexible working.
ABOUT CHANGING FACES
Changing Faces is the UK’s leading charity for everyone who has a mark, scar or condition that makes them look different (a visible difference). Being different in a society where there is such pressure to look a certain way is extremely difficult.
People with visible differences are vulnerable to isolation, loneliness, social anxiety and low self-esteem. They face staring, unwanted attention and even bullying and hate crime. They experience lowered expectations in education, problems getting work and stereotyping in the media. This can have a devastating, and lasting, impact on their wellbeing. Adults often come to us, having never spoken to anyone about the psychological impact of their visible difference before.
We provide unique practical, social and emotional support for people affected by visible difference; we challenge discrimination and campaign for a world that respects difference.
Our services build confidence and resilience – giving people the tools to manage their feelings, cope in different social settings, handle other people’s reactions or deal with life, education, work and relationships.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.