This is an exciting opportunity to join Chapter, requiring a highly capable team member to support and motivate individuals to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
Our Wellbeing Coaches provide direct support to service users, putting their views at the forefront of our work. We believe that individuals are the experts in their own mental health and work to empower them to develop the skills to be able to play an equal role in managing their own mental health and wellbeing.
As a Wellbeing Coach you will support individuals through face to face, one to one coaching sessions, group workshops and peer group activities. A diverse role- with current activities ranging from supporting service users at our local allotment, online support sessions and a weekly board game group - it requires a passion for working with those who face mental health challenges.
We have a strong commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and welcome applications from people with lived experience of mental illhealth.
• To manage a caseload of service users and support them in maintaining their mental health and wellbeing
• Use a variety of person centred and evidence-based tools and techniques to support individuals in managing their mental health and wellbeing
• Provide motivation to service users, supporting them to set and work towards SMART goals
• Support service users to build confidence, develop resilience and improve their ability to self-manage their mental wellbeing
• Signpost and refer service users to relevant services to meet their needs and assist them in working towards achieving their goals
• Plan and deliver a range of group activities that enable service users to achieve their personal goals
• Contribute to the recruitment and supervision of volunteers that support Chapter’s services Develop and deliver wellbeing workshops (including our RE:SET programme) as part of Chapter’s ongoing service development
• Maintain accurate information systems, documenting activities and interventions appropriately and ensure client information is kept up to date
Promote all of Chapter’s services to local communities and other agencies as appropriate
• Keep up to date with relevant local and national policy, news, reports, guidance, and campaigns
• To ensure quality standards are adhered to and met and that audits are passed
• To work in accordance with all policies and procedures of Chapter, in particular health and safety, information governance and safeguarding
• To undergo regular supervision and an annual appraisal in line with Chapter's HR policies and procedures
• To commit to own personal training development and attend minimum training and development activities as required
• To ensure that all activities within the service embody Chapter’s values
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.