Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: Circa £42,000
Hours of work: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Sale, Trafford, Greater Manchester
We are working in partnership with Trafford Carers Centre, a charity which supports an estimated 24,000 unpaid carers looking after someone who lives in the Trafford area. The Centre supports both young and adult carers to recognise their own needs, have their voices heard, help with their physical and mental wellbeing and ensure they are fully understood, valued and supported in their caring role.
The charity is now seeking to appoint a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide dynamic and inspirational leadership to the organisation and to assist the Board of Trustees in fulfilling its responsibilities in the governance and strategy of the Charity. The CEO will drive the continued development of diversified income sources and maximise unrestricted income.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Three years’ senior experience in a people focused/social/health care charity
- Proven ability to motivate, develop, delegate and lead a team
- Demonstrable track record in fundraising in a competitive environment
- Proven experience of overseeing successful tenders and fundraising bids
- Ability to establish good working partnerships with Trustees, staff, volunteers, external agencies and funders
- Experience of business and financial management
- Demonstrable success of attracting and developing new business opportunities
- Understanding and knowledge of the legal duties of charities and the Care Act.
The post holder will have strong negotiation skills and excellent communication skills and have the ability to make confident decisions and manage change.You will be a forward thinking, committed and passionate individual who is able to work with a range of internal and external individuals and have a true belief in the ethos of the charity and the services they offer.
To apply for this role, please e-mail your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Charity Recruitment, quoting our reference JO1733.
Closing date for applications: 16 February 2020
Interview date: week commencing 2 or 9 March 2019