Job Title: Director of Finance & Operations
Salary: Up to £72k
Hours: Permanent, full-time
We are working in partnership with a long-established charity, which enables families who have a child with a life-threatening or terminal illness to make the most of their time together, by providing expert, practical and emotional support. The organisation is seeking to appoint a Director of Finance & Operations to lead all financial management for the charity, ensuring sound strategies and effective services are provided.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and working closely with the Board of Trustees, the postholder will play a vital part in the development and implementation of future strategies for the organisation. Identifying and leading business development opportunities and projects, as well as contributing to strategy, business planning and budgeting to agreed timescales is expected. The postholder will ensure compliance with standard financial/legal/governance practice, and be responsible for properties, including leases, insurance and health and safety matters.
The successful individual will demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience in a commercial organisation and/or a charity at senior management level
- Advisor at Board level on legislative, policy and regulatory change and/or have held a Company Secretary role with responsibility for Corporate Governance
- Proven experience of budget setting, financial procedures, management accounting, risk and asset management
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing financial policy and strategic plans
- Proven experience of leading a dispersed work-force
- A fully qualified member of one of the six bodies of the CCAB
We are seeking a strategic, influential leader, who can effectively weigh risk against benefit to make calculated decisions. Someone who is comfortable with pressure and challenge, with the ability to present and explain complex financial and other management information to a varied audience. Having the skill to provide firm and positive strategic oversight and direction, as well as accomplished interpersonal and communication skills is essential. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Applications should be submitted via our website.
For more information, please contact Katherine Anderson-Scott, Charisma Charity Recruitment.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Closing date for applications: 24 August 2021, however, we reserve the right to close the advert early, so please apply as soon as possible