Job title: Finance Manager
Hours: 22 hours per week, over 3-4 days
Location: Bristol. Flexible – home/office working.
We are working in partnership with a women’s charity, which reaches out to some of the city’s most marginalised women. The organisation supports women in moving from crisis and trauma towards independence in the community, with a vision of a world where all women are safe, feel loved and thrive. The organisation is seeking a Finance Manager, reporting directly to the CEO. The postholder will provide appropriate, accurate, and timely financial information across the organisation’s services and programmes. They will be responsible for ensuring effective systems and procedures for financial management, control, reporting and monitoring, and producing and overseeing the organisation’s annual budget in consultation with all managers and in agreement with the CEO. Ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures and producing accurate annual statutory accounts and management of the annual audit is also expected.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Substantial experience in an equivalent role - Qualified member of an accounting body (such as CIMA, ACCA, ACA or ACCA) or ‘qualified by experience’
- Experience of working within the charitable sector and understanding of the charitable funding environment
- Experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
- Experience of data analysis and the creation and development of large complex spreadsheets
- Knowledge of SORP and accounting practice and audit requirements
- Knowledge of Gift Aid
- Excellent understanding of GDPR, data protection and confidentiality
- Good knowledge of payroll legislation
We are seeking an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, able to create and develop relationships both internally and externally. They must have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, able to present complex information to non-finance staff and Trustees in an accessible format. Working well under pressure, and with the ability to organise and manage workload to meet objectives and deadlines is essential.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please send your CV to Katherine Anderson-Scott, Recruitment Consultant, Charisna Charity Recruitment.
Quote our reference JO2835.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Due to the nature of the role, we are reviewing applications as they come in, so please apply as soon as possible. Please note, if you are shortlisted for the role, we will issue an application form, which will need to be returned by 8am on Friday 14 May (please allow approx. 2 hours to complete the form).
Closing date: 12 May 2021
Interviews: 18 May 2021
Expected Start: June 2021