Job Title: Head of Finance and Administration
Contract: 12-month Contract (Maternity Cover)
Location: Cobham, Surrey
We are working in partnership with Painshill Park Trust Ltd who are looking to appoint a Head of Finance and Administration on a 12-month contract (maternity cover)
Painshill is a beautiful award-winning 18th century landscape garden which was created between 1738 and 1773 by the Hon Charles Hamilton. The 158-acre garden receives over 130,000 visitors a year and we operate commercial functions including retail, catering, filming and events to support our visitor offer and we have ambitious plans to grow the business.
The Head of Finance and Administration will provide leadership and senior financial expertise in the organisation and operation of Painshill Park Trust Ltd, and ensure the company's plans and departmental targets are viable and in line with financial business objectives.
- Day-to-day management of income and expenditure, cash flow and balance sheet for both Painshill Park Trust Ltd and its trading company, Painshill Enterprises Ltd.
- Day-to-day management of human resources procedures including recruitment, on and off boarding, remuneration and liaising with external HR provider for technical advice.
- Preparation of management accounts and reports, to specific deadlines, for consideration and reporting to the Board of Trustees and in preparation for audit, in accordance with the Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP) Regulations.
- Preparation and delivery of the annual budgeting process, and forecasting, in line with the strategic direction of Painshill.
- Managing payroll process, including PAYE and NI.
- Management of the annual audit process and compliance with Companies House and the Charity Commission regulations, including preparation and submission of VAT and Gift Aid returns to HMRC.
- Working as a member of the Painshill Leadership Team, undertake strategic reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction and increasing income opportunities.
- Provision of regular analytical advice to the Director, through monitoring and interpreting cash flows, predicting future trends and analysing change.
- Line management of the finance and administration team and provision of leadership, coaching and training across the organisation to improve maximum efficiency.
The successful candidate:
We are looking for a qualified accountant with previous charity experience and a good knowledge of SORP. Equally importantly we are looking for a leader who can work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team, wider team and Board of Trustees. You will be a naturally customer-focused and solution-oriented individual with the ability to multi-task. You will be need to be comfortable influencing senior stakeholders, and making confident, informed decisions, as you will be the number one finance person in the organisation.
To apply please submit your CV and supporting statement as soon as possible, quoting our reference JO1715. For any further information, please contact Jenny Warner.
Closing date for applications: 19 November 2019
First interview date: 25 November 2019
Second interview date: 4 December 2019