Job Title: Major Events Lead
Hours/contract: Full time/permanent
Salary: Up to £28k per annum
Location: Isle of Wight
We are working in partnership with a well-established hospice on the Isle of Wight. The charity is now looking to appoint a Major Events Lead to be responsible for managing and supporting a team to plan, grow and review the charity’s Major Event Programme to maximise income, attendance, engagement and profit, year on year.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of working in a similar role within a commercial or charity sector
- Project management experience, ideally in a public, major event organisational setting
- Customer relations/public liaison experience
- Experience of using direct mail and database marketing techniques to improve customer engagement and ROI
- Experience of working with, managing and developing staff and volunteers
- Ability to manage a significant budget
You will be a pro-active individual with excellent communications skills and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at a range of levels. You will have significant influencing, negotiating and persuading skills and be able to prioritise and plan your workload whilst working on multiple tasks.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual.If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Please submit your CV with a supporting statement, to Jill Livingstone, Associate Director of Charisma Charity Recruitment quoting our reference JO1730 as soon as possible.