Job Title: School Counselling Service Manager
Hours: 4.5 days per week (31.5 hours)
Salary: £36,230 - £38,876 (Full Time Equivalent £40,255 - £43,196)
Location: London (W10)
This is an exciting opportunity for a School Counselling Service Manager to work with a leading faith-based organisation who provide mental health services to schools across London and South East England, including family support and financial support via emergency grants for children living in poverty. Working with families of all faiths and none, they aim to help those in greatest need to overcome disadvantage and have hope of a brighter future.
The Service Manager will line-manage a team of qualified and experienced counsellors/ therapists who work on-site in primary, secondary and special schools across London.
Leading a team of qualified and experienced counsellors/therapists working on-site in primary, secondary and special schools across London, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Counselling, therapy or Social Work qualification and full membership/accreditation of appropriate professional body (e.g. BACP/UKCP/BAPT/HCPC).
- At least five years’ experience of working as a mental health professional and/or Social Worker
- Experience of working with or in schools, or similar experience which demonstrates a clear understanding of how to effectively engage with schools and school staff.
- Experience of team/performance management and the ability to inspire staff to work to the highest professional standards.
- Strong knowledge of safeguarding guidance/legislation and experience of practically applying this knowledge when dealing with safeguarding concerns.
- A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Confident public speaker able to advocate for the importance of counselling/therapy at meetings with senior school staff and at networking events.
Ideally you will hold a current, clean driving licence and access to a car.
We look forward to hearing from you. Our client is keen to appoint so please apply as soon as possible.
Please submit your CV and supporting statement to Adam Stacey at Charisma Charity Recruitment quoting our reference JO2764.
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2020
Interview date: 8 June 2020 via video conference call