Job Title: Senior Development Manager
Hours: Full time, 12 month maternity cover
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
We are working in partnership with a non-profit environmental organisation seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Development Manager. Our client is passionate about creating impactful projects that address some of the biggest environmental challenges facing our planet. They are now looking for a motivated and experienced fundraising professional to join our team on a fixed term contract, who will own the delivery of our trusts and foundations fundraising strategy and support our Major Donor work and individual giving.
The Senior Development Manger will be working within the Fundraising and Communications Team, you will investigate strategic funding opportunities for our priority areas of work to create an ongoing pipeline of funding applications that stand out from the crowd. You will also contribute to the development of creative new major donor appeals and individual giving campaigns to support our ambitious income targets for the next financial year.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant experience of working in a fundraising team to achieve successful results against challenging targets; with direct experience of successful grant writing and major donor/individual fundraising
- Detailed Trust and Foundation fundraising knowledge with a demonstrable track record in securing significant funds
- Thorough understanding of new business development with proven experience of taking a prospect from research to securing success
- Proactive approach to spotting new business opportunities and strong creative and lateral thinking skills to develop tailored propositions and cultivation plans for new prospects
- Ability to draft complex trust applications and produce accurate financial supporting documents
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with a drive to succeed and willing to take on an exciting new challenge. You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to spotting new business opportunities. You will have overall responsibility for delivery of the funding targets and to feed into the development of the Income Generation Strategy. To contribute to the ‘non corporate’ income stream, with specific responsibility for developing and growing income from trusts and foundations and supporting income generation from individual givers and major donors, driving our client to achieve a step change in income growth. If you feel you have the relevant skills, we would like to hear from you.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
Please submit your CV and supporting statement via the Charisma Charity Recruitment website quoting our reference JO2882.
Due to the urgent requirement for this position, please apply without delay.