Location: Blended (2 days in the London office)
Salary: £25,000 +
Hours: 9am – 5:30pm
Report to: Head of Marketing
At Charity Digital our mission is simple, we want to help other charities increase their impact by empowering them to be more digital. And we do this through 3 key verticals.
- Providing access to the software products charities need, at dramatically reduced prices.
- Publishing content (articles, podcasts, videos, webinars etc.) that educate charity professionals and volunteers on how to make better use of digital tools and technologies.
- Running physical and virtual events that upskill charity professionals and volunteers, and inspires them to share those skills and make changes in their organisation.
Over the last 3 years, we have made strides in developing the value we offer charities and their employees. Following our rebranded from tech-trust to Charity Digital and our website overhaul we’ve seen exponential growth - doubling our user base, launching our #BeMoreDigital conference and virtual events days, and granting the sector access to almost £100 Million of software savings.
As a Communications Executive, you'll contribute to and develop integrated marketing campaigns to promote charity digital’s rich content, product, and event offers. You’ll get an opportunity to work in multiple areas of the marketing mix, building lots of different marketing skills along the way. It's a varied role with the main focus areas (among others) being: Social media marketing, email marketing, video, podcast, and webinar production/editing.
As Communications Executive, you will:
- Be responsible for delivering on the organisation's communication strategy with a keen focus on social media and email marketing
- Have a fingerprint on all the different aspects of marketing within the organisation, supporting the many teams and functions within emails, social and content creation
- Support the growth marketing executive to schedule social media posts, communicate with our audience, and execute the social media strategy.
- Manage the email calendar and develop the email marketing strategy to effectively communicate with target audiences
- Work with the content and events team to produce virtual events, webinars, podcasts, and videos.
- Work closely with in-house or external creative agencies to design marketing materials, infographics, reports, and videos
- Organise and attend events such as conferences, seminars, receptions, and exhibitions
- Be closely tied to the performance of our marketing, constantly checking Google Analytics, and producing reports.
- Maintain and update calendars, processes, and customer databases
This position will enable you to:
- Hone multiple marketing skills that make you an effective t-marketer.
- Be well versed in email and social media marketing
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy (often as part of a wider sales and marketing programme)
- Ideate, produce, edit, and promote multiple forms of content, including articles, webinars, podcasts, videos and events.
- Evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising, and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are being used and campaigns are effective
- Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management
Knowledge, experience, and skills
- Strong experience in email marketing and social media marketing
- Familiarity with all social media platforms and email marketing tools
- Strong data skillset and use of analytics tools
- Highly creative and intuitive
- Able to function in both a team environment and alone
- Good organisation and time management
- Can demonstrate working to and exceeding goals, deadlines, and targets
Commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion
We have much to learn about attracting and recognising more leaders who are people of colour and committed to making our organisation more diverse. It’s really important to us that this is represented on the Charity Digital team. We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the charity sector.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.