We're looking for a motivated, forward thinking and creative individual to play a key role in managing and helping to build the most technical aspects of our charity’s online activity. You’ll be joining a proactive, lively communications team who are keen to help the organisation continue to develop our digital communications.
Digital Support Specialist
Location: Cheam, Surrey
Hours: Fixed Term for 9 months | Full time
Salary: Circa £35 - £40k per annum
The team delivers integrated communication campaigns to support our Fundraising, Help and Advisory and Volunteer departments. You should have an interest in the charity sector and an understanding of audience engagement and motivation as well as the user journey.
You’ll be a team player, working with the wider team and particularly closely with the Online Content Editor – you’ll also have the confidence to report to Director level when required. You will also work closely with the IT team and be responsible for helping the two teams work together effectively.
You’ll be an analytics whizz, with a passion for interrogating our digital channels. As well as managing and building our mass email programme, you’ll be responsible for analysing and reporting on user behaviour – this includes analysing, testing and monitoring the effectiveness of email campaigns and online activity. Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics and other measurement platforms is therefore essential.
As a digital specialist with proven experience of planning, managing and implementing web and digital communications projects, you will have a sound knowledge and interest in the creative and technical development process.
You will act as the principal point of contact between internal clients and external suppliers for our existing website. You will also work with the IT team to expand the Intranet for user needs and collaborate closely on developing our website and ensuring it interfaces effectively with any new or upgraded CRM system - for which a major project is underway.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of organisational and interpersonal skills and will have hands-on experience of managing digital projects, analysing and reporting on user behaviour and managing internal and external stakeholders.
You will be able to juggle several projects at one time, capable of moving through your workload at pace when required and be interested in the work of the team and the wider charity.
You will be an excellent communicator, able to advise, influence and challenge colleagues at all levels within the organisation. The role reports to the Head of Communications.
Key Skills required for the role:
- A team player with an interest in communications and marketing, the user journey and audience engagement
- Good knowledge of user-centred design, website navigation and best practice
- Technical skills in website technology, builds, CMS systems (including Wordpress and Drupal), HTML, CSS, php
- Ability to integrate Drupal with existing/new enterprise architecture and other third party software
- Excellent understanding and interest in analytics – and how they can be used to refine and improve user journeys, conversion funnels and to improve website performance
- Knowledge of and interest in third party web services and their potential for adding value
- Ability to cope with change and to contribute constructively to improvement cycles
- The skills and experience to develop and manage effective working relationships across the charity, working in a consultative manner with in house teams to help them achieve their goals
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday, 28th July 2017.
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website to download the information pack and application form.
The Charity values a diverse workforce and they welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Strictly no agencies, please.