As one of the largest occupational charities in the UK, we’re undergoing some very exciting and dynamic changes. We are developing and embedding a new five-year strategy to double the amount of help we offer and we’re looking for a Group Head of Community Engagement to help support this overarching strategy, which aims to build and embed a sense of lifelong community for all current, former and retired civil servants.
Group Head of Community Engagement
Location: Cheam, Surrey
Permanent | Full Time Role
Salary: c. £60k pa
In this role, you will oversee the development, management and maintenance of key relationships with government departments and others in our community, leveraging the most effective and efficient opportunities for the widest engagement with priority audiences, both online and face-to-face.
Reporting directly to the Director of Marketing and Audience Engagement, you will be responsible for leading and managing diverse central and regional teams of staff, who, in turn will be working to deliver against key strategic objectives – encouraging people to come to the Charity for help, ensuring supporters keep in touch, enabling fundraising, activating volunteers and mobilising donations.
Key Skills required for the role include:
- Professional experience in the field of community engagement;
- Highly effective people management skills;
- The ability to effortlessly engage and influence all types of people at wide-ranging levels of seniority;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written;
- Strong strategic and leadership capability;
- Familiarity with the principles underpinning new GDPR requirements;
- Experience of working with volunteers and fundraising teams;
- Skills in developing strategic partnerships to support key Charity objectives.
The closing date for applications is 2nd February 2018 and interviews will commence immediately after closing.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website to complete the application process.
The Charity values a diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
No agencies, please.