Bone Cancer Research Trust (BCRT) has one simple vision… a world where primary bone cancer is cured.
Do you want to join this leading charity and become part of the team that is fighting primary bone cancer and making a difference through research, information, awareness and support? If so, read on to find out more about the role that you could play in saving lives across the UK.
We are looking for a Community and Special Funds Fundraising Officer to join the ambitious, growing and successful fundraising team at BCRT..
As the Community & Special Funds Fundraising Officer you will be the face of BCRT within the community and you will contribute to the overall fundraising strategy by raising income from special funds, the community and regional corporates. You will be required to:
- Manage and nurture a number of special funds to increase engagement and build long-term meaningful relationships.
- Explore, identify and secure opportunities that develop long-term, high-value relationships through delivering on the three key income streams
- Research and identify potential new and lapsed supporters; steward them to support the charity.
- Engage, cultivate, uplift supporter value and steward them with the delivery of brilliant supporter care
- Welcome and introduce new special funds to the charity, providing supporting materials and marketing campaigns
- Build and develop trusted relationships with patients, their friends and families to support fundraising, storytelling and volunteering.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, imaginative and creative individual with experience working in a fundraising team or environment. You should have demonstrable experience working towards fundraising targets and of communicating with people at all levels. Ideally you will have experience working with volunteers and have good customer service and account management skills. Perhaps most importantly, you should be a self-motivated team player with a shared passion for the work of Bone Cancer Research Trust.
This is a truly unique and exciting opportunity to join a flexible organisation who puts the wellbeing of its staff at the core. The role will be a blend of homeworking and travel across the North. By joining BCRT you will become part of an ambitious team and creative culture with big aspirations and an exciting future ahead!
To register your interest please apply here, or for more information contact Charlie or Leanne at Charity Horizons.
Please note: If you would like to submit an application or express your interest in an alternative format, such as audio or video upload, please contact either Charlie or Leanne who will be happy to advise on this.
Please also be aware that Charity Horizons use anonymous recruitment methods when submitting shortlists for all our roles and we only work with organisations that are happy to engage with us in this way.
Charity Horizons is an equal opportunities employer and as such actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from all suitable candidates irrespective of age, disability, hidden disability, race or national origin, religion or belief, gender, gender expression, political view, sexual orientation, medical condition and pregnancy.