We are delighted to be working with a UK charity; they work towards creating a safer society. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award-winning project as an Advocacy Service Manager.
Location: Stratford (Initially remote working due to Covid-19)
Timeframe: Fixed term to 31 March 2021 (possibility of extension subject to funding)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £38,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
As an Advocacy Service Manager, you will provide leadership to the inter-agency team managing the challenges of this constantly evolving project.
You will be responsible for driving the delivery of the project in London; ensuring that the project is on track to achieve all outcomes, appropriate monitoring and evaluation system is in place with responsibility for ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
You will be preparing and maintaining project documentation, managing the project budget, driving communication across partner agencies. Ensuring that appropriate governance, data capture and information sharing agreements are in place; and encouraging a change in focus or culture as necessary for successful inter-agency working.
You will have the following experience:
- Minimum of five years' experience of working in the violence against women and girls sector, with at least two of these at a strategic level
- Proven record in managing large, multi-disciplinary and complex projects delivering results on time, on budget, and to the very highest standards
- Experience of budget and financial management including grant funding
- Experienced in collating and analysing data
- Experience of leading inter-agency teams
- Experience working within statutory services
- Ability to manage stakeholders effectively, including those at a senior level
- Excellent communication skills including project reporting
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to tight deadlines
If you have relevant experience, and would like more information about this opportunity, please click on 'Apply' to submit your CV.