We are collaborating with an international charity, which ensures access to trusted, quality news and information that empowers people to have a voice in their future and to live healthy, secure, and rewarding lives. There is an opportunity to join their team as a Business Finance Officer for a period of 3 months.
Job title: Business Finance Officer
Location: UK, Remote working
Type of contract: Fixed-term three months
Start Date: ASAP (1st February 2021)
Salary: £34,088 per annum pro rata
* Financial administration of projects as assigned: Reviewing project expenditure and ensuring correctness of coding; managing cash-flow to ensure the availability of project funds, prepare financial reports for donors, prepare notes for financial reports, and ensure that costs are reported in compliance with donor requirements.
* Budget oversight: reviewing budget-versus-actuals and facilitating the forecasting in line with project activities; supporting partners with budget planning; aligning internal templates to donor formats for effective monitoring and reporting; monitoring HQ spend and working with PFAs to ensure adequate burn-rates.
* Sub-grants: prepare budgets under sub-grant agreements; reviewing financial reports from partners when required and coordinating required corrections.
* Payments and administration: coordination of payment requests to London, including reviews, confirmations, and follow-ups; monitoring of donor income and preparation of requests for disbursements for donors.
* Budgeting: supporting Programme Officer to develop highly accurate, cost-appropriate, and compliant budget proposals for donors.
* At least five years of experience working in a similar capacity.
* Strong Financial and budget management skills (Qualification in Accounting desirable but not necessary if experienced).
* Proficiency in MS Office. Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
* Fluency in English (both written and spoken).
* Creative and a good team player.
* Excellent multitasking skills.
* Good management skills and the ability to solve immediate problems.
* Work remotely from home, own computer (where available) and a high-speed internet required.
Please note we are looking to move quickly with this opportunity so please apply by sending a tailored CV in Word format ASAP to avoid disappointment.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.