Zoe's Place is an incredible organisation that provides respite and palliative care to children aged 0-5 with life limiting, or life threatening illnesses. With their team of specialise nurses who provide 24-7 care and support to the children in their care and their families, this is an organisation that provides vital support. Based across three sites, the organisation has a hospice in Coventry which is a safe, caring, and fun place - a home away from home.
Established in 2011, the organisation is approaching its tenth birthday, and the Coventry site has a small, talented fundraising in place. As Corporate Partnerships Officer, you will be responsible for developing and managing successful fundraising relationships with commercial organisations both big and small, ensuring that annual income targets are met.
Joining a welcoming, friendly and supportive team, this position is a mix of account management, including development, of existing partnerships; and generating new business opportunities to increase the organisation's base of corporate support.
This role will suit candidates either with a corporate fundraising background, or from a commercial background that includes new business development and account management. It's an excellent opportunity for someone currently working in the commercial sector who wishes to work for a cause they are passionate about, and raise income for an extremely rewarding cause.
Key duties within the role will include:
* Deliver a first class experience to the organisations corporate partners; providing excellent stewardship to ensure the best possible outcomes from the relationship
* To meet income targets through corporate fundraising activity
* To promote and raise awareness of the hospice in the commercial world, including delivering engaging fundraising presentations to potential supporters from the private sector
* Manage a small portfolio of fundraising partnerships, providing high quality account management; as well as spotting and acting on opportunities for partnership growth
* A strong focus on building additional partnerships in the lead up to, and during, the charity's 10th anniversary celebrations in 2021
* To develop and grow the partnership portfolio by researching potential new partners, attending networking events, spotting new leads and ensuring that opportunities are converted into long-term, sustainable partnerships
* Develop sponsorship packages and championing the commercial value of these packages to new and existing supporters, maximising event sponsorship
* Set up and maintain accurate reporting of income and activity for corporate partners
* To undertake the marketing and PR for corporate partnership fundraising events, alongside colleagues
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
* Previous experience gained in a corporate partnerships position within the charity sector, or within a business development / account management or marketing role within the commercial sector
* Experience of account managing partnerships
* Significant experience of producing and presenting compelling pitches and proposals for a corporate audience across multiple sectors
* Substantial track record of meeting and exceeding targets
* Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
* Experience of successfully managing relationships with people at all levels
* Knowledge of the UK corporate sector, including corporate marketing strategies and CSR
* Good use of MS Office and databases
* Awareness of diversity and equality issues
If this is a role you'd be interested in learning more about, please do send your CV to [email protected], or call on 020 7939 7448 for an initial chat about the position. The deadline for applications is 28th October and interviews will be held on the 7th November.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.