Job title: Events Officer - 4 days per week
Pay: Paid hourly, equivalent to £25,000 per annum pro rata
Location: Manchester - part remote with 1 day in the office
Duration: 6 months
Immediate start essential
Charity People are working with a charity based in Manchester. There is an opportunity to join their team for a period of 6 months and provide support during a busy period. You will be responsible for supporting the Events Manager in the efficient delivery of events, as well as assisting affiliated groups with coordination and delivery of smaller events.
* Take responsibility for the research, planning and delivery of a high value, mass participation fundraising events each year
* Ensure all events are delivered with excellent supporter care, event experience and health and safety as top priority
* Devise and deliver complex event plans and briefings, devise and communicate critical event information to key stakeholders using persuasive and motivational skills
* Negotiate costs and manage the budgets for events, this includes ordering stock and cash handling.
* Lead on the day management of a set number of events each year
* Manage fundraising activity (raffles/auctions) at events ensuring all paperwork and administration is carried out in line with procedures
* Carry out thorough post-event analysis on income and event data to inform future planning of events
* Where necessary, support and advise the wider charity team with event logistics and supporter care (Corporate/Community/Major Donor events)
* Keep clear and accurate financial records of all income and expenditure for events as detailed in event business plans
EVENT RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
* Regularly undertake research and development relating to new and existing events
* Proactively seek out new event opportunities and develop these as directed by the Events Manager
* Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, contractors, venues on costs
* Liaise with external event agency partners (e.g. example Nova International) to maximise partnerships for both sides
* Source high level auction prizes for key events
* Work closely with event sponsors to ensure objectives are met for both sides during event planning and delivery
* Support the Events Manager, Events Officer and Events Assistant to deliver the overall events fundraising strategy in line with the wider charity fundraising strategy
How to apply:
If this sounds like the role for you, please hit the 'Apply Now' button. We are looking to move quickly with this role, please apply without delay.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.