Please enter your email address to proceed with the application.
We recognised your email address. Sign in to prefill your application.
Step 1 out of 4
Your CV has been uploaded successfully.
Step 1 out of 4
It's time to upload your CV:
Step 2 out of 4
Add a cover letter to maximise your chances of getting this job.
Step 4 out of 4
Whoop! Your application is ready to be submitted.
Step 3 out of 4
Almost done! Please enter your details.
Want to tailor your application?
Go through the usual application process to upload a new CV and cover letter.
£50k £65k - Depending on experience
Charity People are thrilled to be working with More in Common, an amazing international initiative set up to build stronger, more united communities and societies that are resilient to the increasing threats of polarisation and social division.
The Charity are on the lookout for a Finance Manager / Finance Director to lead the Finance function across all four of their international offices. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance professional, who has a passion for supporting not-for-profits and who will thrive in a fast-paced and demanding start-up environment where their work will influence the organization's strategic direction.
The Finance Manager / Finance Director will be responsible for managing the global finances, including:
1. Financial management across offices in UK, USA, France and Germany: Managing financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems, leading the preparation of the organisation's budget, and monitoring and interpreting cash flows
2. Monitoring and implementing the financial safeguards required by the Board of Directors as well as preparing any documents required for the Board meetings
3. Supporting country Directors to work with their local accountants and manage their country finances
4. Reviewing, recommending and implementing changes to improve financial management mechanisms and systems to minimize financial risk and ensure the long-term financial viability of the organisation
5. Assisting with the financial aspects of grant applications, and the preparation of financial information for donor reporting
6. Producing accurate financial reports for Directors and budget holders, providing sound advice to the organisation's Directors, and advising on the financial aspects of contract negotiations and the financial consequences of proposed actions
7. Working with the organisation's accountants and auditors across international jurisdictions to ensure the timely submission of end of year financial accounts and ensure that the audit process is completed satisfactorily and delivered to time
8. Communicating new processes and policies and provide key updates on the organisation's finances to the wider team
We are on the lookout for qualified Accountants, with strong finance management experience who are fully conversant with accounting procedures legislation. You will have a track record of working with tight budgets and experience of leading budget processes. You will be able to think strategically to identify possible improvements; experience of developing and successfully implementing new financial policies, processes and systems; and be IT literate with an emphasis on financial systems and Excel. The knowledge of UK financial legislation, with some knowledge of financial legislation in France, US and Germany, would be an asset.
This role offers a competitive salary plus pension scheme and the opportunity to work from home as well as in multiple partnering offices across London.
If you would like to apply, please send your Covering Letter and CV to Tatiana Ambrose at [email protected] today!