Charity People is delighted to be working with WeSeeHope to find a Fundraising Assistant to join an organisation with an incredible mission. Joining the international development organisation during an exciting period of growth, this is an opportunity to really gain valuable and varied fundraising experience and take ownership of an exciting range of diverse projects.
With a small and talented team in place, WeSeeHope is passionate about the power of community, and runs impact-led, life-changing programmes in Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe that equip vulnerable children with the skills to change their futures and their families and communities to support them along the way.
Working closely with the Events & Partnerships Manager you will play a key role in supporting various fundraising income streams and exciting projects. Core responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in maintaining existing community fundraising relationships and helping to develop ideas to generate new partnerships with school and faith-based partners.
- Presenting at launches, running idea sessions, and assisting in planning fundraisers, whilst building long-term relationships with community partners.
- Assisting in maintaining existing relationships within Individual Giving channels (Regular giving, Fundraiser giving, Digital giving) to increase revenue.
- Assisting in creating mini campaigns and helping to develop ideas to acquire new supporters.
- Helping to develop an impressive stewardship journey and continuing to thank supporters to encourage repeat giving or participation.
- Providing support to our Events & Partnership Manager by assisting in the planning and delivery for both WeSeeHope and supporter-led events such as networking events, golf days, the London Marathon and RideLondon, virtual challenges and the Hope Classic Rally.
- Coordinating supporter visits to programmes in Southern and Eastern Africa, including: organising travel arrangements, liaising with travel partners, producing trip materials and liaising with attendees.
The charity is keen to see applications from individuals with the following skills and experience:
- This is a great opportunity for a highly organised individual who is experienced in delivering multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key. You must be confident at public speaking and presenting to others and have excellent relationship building and management skills.
- Experience of helping to plan and attending fundraising events would be desirable, as well as creating promotional emails and print materials.
- This would suit someone who displays creativity and innovation behind their thinking, as well as someone who is proactive and confident at either supporting and leading on their own when necessary.
Key details of the role are below:
Permanent full time position
Salary is £23,000 to £25,000 per annum
Office location is in a co-working building in South London near to Vauxhall and Kennington
This is a hybrid home and office based role with two days per week home working
Deadline for applications: Monday 7th February
All shortlisted candidates will be asked to a first-stage interview between Friday 11th February - Wednesday 16th February, with the second round commencing shortly after this.
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to Tanya at Charity People or call on +44 (0)7563 030 612 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.