Charity People are delighted to be working with this amazing organisation that works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for someone who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems. With their Network Partners, they aim to ensure that quality assured information, advice and practical support are available to all carers across the UK.
People are important! With their support unpaid carers get the recognition, help and support that they need.
The Head of Finance and Business Support at this organisation is an exciting new role which will act as a key business partner to the organisation and be a key member of their leadership team.
You MUST have the following:
* Look after all aspects of financial and resource planning and reporting
* providing effective, business partnering, analysis and decision support, and
* ensuring that the finance team works as a valued business partner across the organisation in support of their work for unpaid carers.
* Strategic understanding, and operational delivery, of best in class practices in financial management
* Strong leadership and management experience, of a finance team, with a collaborative and flexible approach
* Strong experience of financial reporting and preparation of year end accounts
* Experience in developing and overseeing the operation of finance systems
* Experience of working in a complex environment and sector
* Excellent ability to plan, monitor and implement projects to agreed deadlines often with conflicting priorities
* ACCA, ACA or CIMA Qualified with significant post-qualification experience
Excellent technical and analysis skills, including advanced Excel modelling and analysis.
* A practical and innovative thinker who is able to translate strategy into operational and project plans and business and commercial goals into robust financial objectives and plans
* Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; able to tailor information to different audiences, including the ability to interpret and present complex topics in a way that is accessible.
* Strong ability to establish business partnership relations and lead a team of people towards common purpose
* A role model and ambassador of collaborative working, valuing and developing employees to reach their potential.
* Proven ability to constructively challenge, influence and do things differently with positive organisational benefits
* Ability and willingness to work flexibly in terms of hours and travel
The Head of Finance and Business Support will provide leadership to the Finance team working as an enabler to the business, through ensuring effective practice and excellence in all areas based on company values.