Job title: High Value Relationship Lead
Reports to: Deputy Director of Fundraising, Relationships
Management of: Trust & Foundations, Statutory, Major Donor, Special Events and High Value Fundraising, Prospect Research.
Contract: full time, permanent
Charity People is partnering the nation's leading learning disability charity to help find a new High Value Relationship expert to lead their high value fundraising team of 6 and drive engagement and income growth.
As High Value Relationship Lead you will be responsible for implementing the fundraising strategy and delivering income from key relationships across major donors, trusts & foundations, statutory funders, special events and high value fundraising.
What are we looking for?
The High Value Relationships team is responsible for generating approx. £2m income annually for the charity. As the Lead for this team, you will oversee delivery and income growth across the team. You will be a natural leader with outstanding influencing and negotiation skills and a track record of developing and motivating teams. You will be proactive and ambitious, results driven and lead by example.
You will have significant experience at a senior level in major gifts fundraising, and be excited by the prospect of driving income growth across the team. You will understand the importance of senior influencer networks and have experience of defining and delivering effective stewardship programmes for high-value donors.
What does the role entail?
- Providing exceptional leadership for your team of 6, ensuring opportunities to grow income are maximised
- Leading on the operational delivery of financial and non-financial KPI's to ensure targets are achieved across all high value income streams
- Proactively contributing to the development of high-quality supporter experience to donors and prospects, including accurate and timely reporting
- Developing, monitoring and effectively maintaining key systems and processes including; Alms database, financial accounting and planning, accountability meetings, donor-cycle, pipeline, relationship mapping, contracts, due diligence and procurement.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Substantial knowledge and experience at a senior level in major donor, trusts, foundations and statutory fundraising
- Previous success defining and implementing a philanthropy strategy which has resulted in substantial income growth
- Proven experience of leading, developing and motivating teams
- The ability to think critically and analytically
- The ability to manage complexity, ambiguity and uncertainty whilst remaining focussed on achieving the fundraising business objectives
We are sharing CVs on a rolling basis so please get in touch as soon as possible with a copy of your CV in order to be considered for the role.
For any queries or further information, please contact Philippa Bryant at Charity People.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.