Are you looking for your next contract role and available to start in July 2022!?
Charity People have partnered with an organisation founded by HRH The Prince of Wales where they revive traditional crafts, provide jobs and enhance skills in the UK, Asia and the Middle East.
My client is looking for a qualified Financial Controller to help manage the transition between the current post holder and the new appointee to minimise knowledge loss and maintain strong controls.
This is a 3-4 months contract role where you will be working fully remotely with occasional travel to London. The role offers a salary of £62,500 per annum and the client will be interviewing w/c 11th July, 2022.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a forward-thinking Financial Controller to bring their finance and leadership skills to this small close knit team.
Your main duties and responsibilities are:
* Work as part of the finance team to ensure the integrity of all financial records are maintained
* Review and refresh financial control reporting focused in the Middle East and across the charity to ensure that processes are designed to minimise fraud, accounting records are complete and accurate and that the charity meets its statutory obligations
* Assist the UK Finance Manager with all financial activities including Monthly Financial Reporting
* Provide financial information to time for the Board of Trustees quarterly meetings
* Take ultimate responsibility for the charities cashflow forecasting, reporting to the Director of Finance/COO and CEO
* Maintenance of the charity UK bank accounts and ensuring financial governance is in place for overseas bank accounts
* Assure the accurate processing of all payments from UK bank accounts, including UK payroll
* Monitoring of Gift Aid receipts?to the charity and reviews of Gift Aid transfers from the UK trading subsidiary
* Oversee the final preparation of the statutory accounts for the charity and its subsidiaries managing the internal and external audit process
* Document all corporate financial processes as well as reporting across weekly, monthly and annual timelines
* Support the UK finance team with any recruitment and onboarding of new staff
* Assure banking/cash transfers to operational countries
* Undertake due diligence on payment methods and overseas clients in conjunction with country teams
Candidates applying for this role must have the following requirements:
* Experience working within the charity or not-for-profit sector
* Very strong experience in Charity SORP and if you have worked on donors such as USAID, FCDO, Swiss and other corporate grants would be a great advantage
* Qualified Accountant (recognised CCAB qualifications such as ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
* Very strong technical accounting knowledge
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
This role will be closing on 11th July or earlier and the interviews will be held the same week or w/c 11th July, 2022.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply with a copy of your CV. Candidates shortlisted will be required to write a supporting statement.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.