Delighted to bring to your attention a great part time opportunity as a Legacy Officer (Fundraising - Individual Giving Department), working for an amazing charity who provide support to members and veterans of the British Armed Forces. The charity is located in central London.
Purpose of the role is to undertake the efficient and pro-active management of legacy cases in which the charity receives a legacy or bequest, ensuring that the charity receives its full and correct entitlements. Protect and optimise legacy income though practical application of the law, best practice and internal policy and procedures in order to protect charity's reputation in relation to legacy matters.
This is a part time role, working 21 hours per week, 7 hours per day on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Hourly pay £20 per hour plus £2.41 holiday pay. Immediate start is essential, the role is for 3 months and will end on 20th December 2019.
Essential knowledge and Experience
* Proven significant experience of working in Wills, Probates and Trusts or a legacy team handling legacy casework and interpreting Will clauses
* Knowledge of legacies and the law relating to Wills, Probates and Trusts
* Knowledge of Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Income Tax and S119 valuations in relation to checking and approving estate accounts
* Proven ability to assess risk; undertake cost/benefit analysis and identify reputational risks
* Experience of information systems and databases
* Experience of negotiating with other charities, solicitors and executors to optimise legacy income
* Experience of producing financial reports or managing financial controls
CV's have to be submitted by Tuesday 8th October. If you have relevant experience and are interested in this part time, temporary assignment, please send your most recent CV to [email protected] as soon as possible.