I'm working with an amazing armed forces support charity to recruit a Major Gifts Manager to join it's growing, successful, and talented fundraising team. The role can be based at the charity's office and a heavily home based working arrangement will also be happily considered as the charity wishes to break down barriers to anyone with the experience they're looking for to undertake the role.
The organisation provides a range of services to an array of people each year; be it providing support to royal air force veterans experiencing difficulties including around isolation and loneliness later in life; parents and relatives of personnel; or a someone currently serving in the forces who needs help - this organisation is on hand to provide tailored and vital support. With a hugely dedicated community of supporters, it's an organisation with heart that places its beneficiaries at the very centre of their work.
As Major Gifts Manager you will be a valued team member, supported by the Head of Philanthropy to develop existing and new relationships with high net worth individuals from within the charity's current network of supporters, and via new contacts.
Key responsibilities within the role will include:
- Develop and implement a strategic framework (strategy, plans, budgets, forecasts, KPIs, evaluation & monitoring systems), as well as key operational building blocks, processes, systems and protocols.
- Using a pipeline approach to initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with potential major donors and successfully solicit gifts of five and six figures
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships in order to engage senior staff members and in major donor relationships and communications to increase the likelihood of a successful as where appropriate
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the organisations work in order to present current and prospective donors with articulate and compelling information and cases for support
- Manage individual relationships with prospects, donors, and influencers, at the most senior levels - planning and executing cultivation and stewardship plans
- Steward relationships in a manner that engages individuals in the organisations work
- Ensure thanking and reporting processes are smooth and prompt to ensure future support where possible
- Raise the profile of the organisations major gifts programme both internally and with external partners and stakeholders in order to identify new opportunities
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of building bespoke fundraising propositions and successfully soliciting donations at a six figure plus level
- Proven success in expanding a donor base through cultivation and excellent stewardship
- Experience of undertaking due diligence, creating gift agreements, and monitoring and reporting on income
- Proven experience of building long term relationships with senior individuals, resulting in successful gift solicitation
- Excellent networking skills with the ability to represent the charity to senior level supporters and stakeholders
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to understand the complex work of the charity and to transform this information into engaging, donor friendly communications
- Ability to plan and prioritise demanding workloads and work under pressure to deadlines
This is a wonderful opportunity to join an organisation undertaking life changing work in a role where huge donor potential has been recognised. As Major Giving Manager you will work some terrifically dedicated and supportive donors to continue to grow income.
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.