Membership Services Assistant
Hours per week: 18 hrs per week (Monday to Wednesday, working 6 hours per day, core hours 10am-4pm)
Location: Hybrid London or fully remote
Status: Temporary Part Time (Monday to Wednesday, 6 hours per day)
Duration: 3-5 Months
Pay: £12.93 per hour plus £1.56 holiday pay per hour (equivalent to full time annual salary of £23,540)
*** Own laptop required ***
Charity People are working with UK's leading fostering charity. They bring together everyone who is involved in the lives of children and young people who are fostered to make foster care the very best it can be.
Due to a busy period, there is an opportunity for a Membership Services Assistant to join the team on a temporary basis. You will process membership registrations and enquiries in line with the principles of Customer Service Excellence. You will support the maintenance of data quality in line with internal policies and external legislative requirement and build positive membership relations to support recruitment and retention of members.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Input of membership data into the organisation's database ensuring records are accurate and maintained in adherence with internal and external policies.
- Process all membership registrations and cancellations in line with internal procedures and contribute to the development of internal practices.
- Take ownership of and efficiently respond to all customer enquiries in line with the principles of Customer Service Excellence, maintaining a strong working knowledge of internal practices and working with other colleagues from across the organisation as required.
- Ensure effective archiving of old records and ensure the database is regularly cleansed to enhance data quality.
- Support colleagues to produce reports, analyse data from the database and support improving its functionality as directed by the Membership Services and Database Manager or Head of Membership Services and Engagement.
You will have essential knowledge and experience in using membership databases, handling sensitive data, and applying data protection policies. In addition, you will excel in customer service, administrative practices, and producing analytical reports. Experience in data cleansing, teamwork, and representing the organisation at events is crucial. Desirable qualifications include familiarity with specific databases, prior work in membership organisations or UK charities. In terms of skills, the candidate will excel in process improvement, complaint management, written communication, trend identification, stakeholder collaboration, multitasking with attention to detail, and understanding and applying customer service excellence.
We are reviewing CV's on a rolling basis, please apply without delay. We are looking for immediately available candidates.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with the skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.