This household name social welfare charity with an unrivalled brand and profile is recruiting for a New Business Officer to join its successful corporate fundraising team. This is an amazing opportunity to join an organisation that provides vital support to a huge number of individuals coping with a range of issues each year. It's a perfect first role for someone with previous business development experience gained in the commercial sector, or for someone with some experience within corporate fundraising keen to build on this.
Key responsibilities within the role are as follows:
- Leading on new business acquisition of partnerships worth up to around £50,000 annually
- Identifying new business opportunities for corporate partners within the charity's annual appeals
- Researching prospective sectors and companies, as well as sector activities and the wider business marketplace, to compile lists of key targets as agreed with senior colleagues
- Working closely with the Senior New Business Manager to implement the new business strategy to ensure sustainable income growth and development of mutually beneficial partnerships
- Assisting senior colleagues within new business to create high quality presentations and proposals
- Supporting senior colleagues to create and implement processes to enable seamless handover of new partnerships to the account management team
- Processing financial transactions including processing solicited and unsolicited income, as well as thanking donors and recording donations
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience of prospecting and securing new business, undertaken in a charity, marketing, or sales role
- Demonstrable experience of working in a customer or donor focused environment
- Proven ability to work successfully to targets
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills
- Top level communication ability
- Highly organised with proven, demonstrable administration and organisation skills
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.