This small charity based in Rugby is recruiting for a part-time Office Manager to join their team and undertake a very varied role with overall responsibility for ensuring that the charity runs smoothly. The charity provides pastoral care to the railway industry by supporting rail staff and their families, providing vital support to individuals through chaplaincy.
Based in the office, this is a permanent role working three days per week, and the post holder will be a key member of the team. Main duties within the role will include:
- Develop systems and processes for recording supporter data and maintain information on the database
- Ensure records and the generation of reports relating to work for individual Companies or Holding Groups are accurate
- Management of the charity website
- Process all income/expenditure utilising Sage Software, prepare monthly and annual reports for Executive Director and Board of Trustees
- Produce presentations, financial, and other reports as required to the board of trustees and Executive Director in user-friendly formats
- Any other tasks as directed by the Board of Trustees or Executive Director
- Act as GDPR Officer, 'Ensure all information is recorded in accordance with Data Protection Act and act as Data Protection Officer for RM' and ensure the charity remains GDPR compliant
- Maintain Supporter database
- Ensure communications are sent to supporters to agreed timelines
- Encourage and contribute to communications with Supporters including the regular issue of Newsletters, Press Releases, Annual Calendar and other literature
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the Office Assistant
- Liaise with the Company Secretary in submitting annual returns to the Charity Commission
- Manage and review key contracts e.g. telephones to ensure the best value for the charity
- Keeping the filing system in order.
- Operating the charity's administration systems
- Use of a variety of office IT software such as spreadsheet, emails and databases
- Ensuring the office stationery supply is sufficient
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Office management and administration skills
- Competence in Excel, sage or similar accounts package
- Excellent organisation and time management
- Excellent IT knowledge E.g. Word, Excel, Sage
- The ability to use your initiative and to work independently when required
- The capacity to adapt to ever-changing workloads and responsibilities
- The ability to independently identify problems with systems and processes and suggest pragmatic solutions
- High-quality project management skills
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- An attention to detail, both accurate and methodical
- Strong interpersonal skills - demonstrable track record of working effectively with colleagues
This charity has a distinctive Christian ethos, working within a secular rail environment, sharing the gospel sensitively and in an appropriate manner, by word and deed. The charity provides professional, independent, impartial, confidential pastoral care and support that supplements the chain of care provided by the rail industry. This post has an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a practising Christian.
If you'd like to be considered for this role please apply online.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.