Charity People is pleased to have partnered with The British Academy in their search for a Stewardship Manager. This varied and creative role will focus on donor engagement and operations within their accomplished development team.
About The British Academy
The British Academy is the UK's national body for the humanities and social sciences. Their purpose is to deepen understanding of people, societies and cultures, enabling everyone to learn, progress and prosper.
The Academy is a fellowship of thinkers from all areas of humanities and social sciences, sharing knowledge and ideas that promote the work of their subjects. By creating a forum for debate they stimulate public interest, deepen understanding and enhance global leadership and policy making.
Culture & Benefits
* Intellectually stimulating environment with access to network
* Flexible, hybrid home/office model
* 34 days annual leave, pension + additional benefits
About the role
You will join a small and accomplished development team. Working in collaboration with the lead fundraiser and wider team you will provide sophisticated stewardship to major donors and manage operational processes that ensure exceptional donor experience.
* Deliver a reward and recognition programme to ensure major donors feel valued
* Provide strategic and high-level communications to donors throughout the year
* Implement a workplan which services donor relationships and funding agreements
* Ensure coordination of funder acknowledgment, gift reporting and invoicing
* Create compelling marketing material/content used to engage donors/prospects
* With the Head of Development manage reporting across stewardship functions
The is the ideal role for someone with experience in fundraising who not only possesses strong communications skills but who is also comfortable delivering operational support.
You will enjoy talking with people from varied backgrounds and have an efficiency and attention to details that inspires confidence in colleagues and donors alike.
At the heart of what you do will be donor experience. We are looking for a candidate who can ensure that supporters feel informed about the work they are funding and connect them to the British Academy and its mission.
This is a full-time role. The salary is £31, 350 negotiable, depending on experience.
To apply please send your CV to Emma Adams at Charity People. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as interviews are being scheduled on a rolling basis.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities with which we work.