.NET Web Developer – ASP .NET Core, C#, MVC, SQL Server
Please note we can only accept applicants from UK based developers who have the right to work in the UK.
Please submit a cover letter with your application highlighting any relevant experience which would benefit you in this role.
At CharityJob we are seeking a talented .NET Developer to join our web development team. We develop the biggest job board in the UK not-for-profit sector with over 10 million page views and 1 million visitors per month.
You will work alongside our team of high calibre .NET Developers, QA testers and Product Managers to build exciting websites that utilise the very latest cutting edge technologies that help charities find and recruit the best people in the sector.
You will have at least three years commercial experience in ASP .NET (C#) & SQL Server. If you have experience of Microsoft Azure that is a benefit but if not don’t worry, we will fully train you in features such as Azure elastic search, Azure SQL Server and Recommended API (Machine Learning).
Remote Working during Covid
During the Covid 19 pandemic we have adapted our ways of working which means all our development team are working remotely. We anticipate a partial return to our office in Kingston in early to mid-2021 with flexible working arrangements depending on Government guidance.
Qualifications, Previous Experience and skills required
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience in C# ASP .NET development
- MVC, Web API, LINQ, ADO .NET, TDD, Entity Framework
- MS SQL Server
- HTML, CSS, SCCS
- Object oriented software design
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- React JS
- Azure Hosting Experience (Azure Web Apps, Azure SQL & Azure Search)
- . NET Core
- Knowledge of design patterns and implementation experience.
- Experience developing for high traffic public facing websites.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Full stack development – You’ll be using technologies like .NET MVC, React JS and SQL Server
- Work alongside Product Manager, QA and other developers to produce high quality products
- Update older parts of the platform to use the latest technology
- £40,000 – £60,000 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours & remote working
- Generous employer pension contribution
- Training scheme leading to Microsoft Certification.
Our Kingston office is newly refurbished, bright, airy and colourful and is just 20 minutes by train from Clapham Junction. It is a great environment to work in, the atmosphere is fun with high energy and a great buzz. We have regular company social events and the office has a pool table, table tennis and air hockey table. We have over 30 employees working here in software development, product, sales, marketing and finance departments.
The CharityJob story began at the turn of the millennium, when our founding directors, Raya and Steve (who between them have 40 years’ experience in the charity sector), realised how difficult it was for charities to recruit the best people.
So CharityJob was born with a single mission – offering charities across the UK a specialist job board to help them connect with the very best the sector has to offer.
Today, 20 years on, we’re so much more than just a job board. We’re a team of 34 people: passionate about our sector, and work hard to make a difference. So far, we’ve helped over 20,000 charities and not-for-profits to find their best people.
But we’ve only just started. Our mission is to help even more people to take their first steps into the sector. And we’re working hard to bring the sector together – building a strong community for each and every one of us, through CharityConnect.
True to our original vision of giving back to the sector, we donate 10% of our profits to charities and not-for-profits. And that’s why we’re proud to be the charity sector’s Champion. Better people. Better charities. Better world.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.