.NET Web Developer – ASP .NET Core, C#, MVC, SQL Server, Azure
Please submit a cover letter with your application highlighting any relevant experience which would benefit you in this role.
At CharityJob we are seeking a talented .NET Developer to join our web development team. We develop the biggest job board in the UK not-for-profit sector with over 10 million page views and 1 million visitors per month.
You will work alongside our team of high calibre .NET Developers, QA testers and Product Managers to build exciting websites that utilise the very latest cutting edge technologies that help charities find and recruit the best people in the sector.
You will have at least three years commercial experience in ASP .NET (C#) & SQL Server. If you have experience of Microsoft Azure that is a benefit but if not don’t worry, we will fully train you in features such as Azure elastic search, Azure SQL Server and Recommended API (Machine Learning).
We have a hybrid remote working policy: if you live within commutable distance of our Kingston office you will work in the office two days a week. If not, you can choose to work fully remotely (in UK or in western Europe only). If you live in the UK, you will have an employment contract; if you live outside of the UK, you will have an external consultant contract
Ongoing skills development
We allocate one week per quarter for the team to train in new technologies and try out what you learn. We will support you in gaining Microsoft Certification.
Qualifications, Previous Experience and skills required
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience in C# ASP .NET development
- NET, MVC, Web API, LINQ, ADO .NET, Entity Framework
- SQL Server
- HTML, CSS, SCCS
- Object oriented software design
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Azure Hosting Experience (Azure Web Apps, Azure SQL & Azure Search)
- Knowledge of design patterns and implementation experience.
- Experience developing for high traffic public facing websites.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- £50 – £65K depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Hybrid working (2 days in office, 3 days from home per week)
- Generous employer pension contribution
- We let our teammates invest time to learn new skills to apply to their work.
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach.
- Hours 9am to 5.30pm reducing to 9am to 5pm during August & December
- Training scheme leading to Microsoft Certification.
Our Kingston office is newly refurbished, bright, airy and colourful and is just 20 minutes by train from Clapham Junction. It is a great environment to work in, the atmosphere is fun with high energy and a great buzz. We have regular company social events and the office has a pool table, table tennis and air hockey table. We have over 30 employees working here in software development, product, sales, marketing and finance departments.
The CharityJob story began at the turn of the millennium, when our founding directors, Raya and Steve (who between them have 40 years’ experience in the charity sector), realised how difficult it was for charities to recruit the best people.
So CharityJob was born with a single mission – offering charities across the UK a specialist job board to help them connect with the very best the sector has to offer.
Today, 21 years on, we’re so much more than just a job board. We’re a team of 30 people: passionate about our sector, and work hard to make a difference. So far, we’ve helped over 20,000 charities and not-for-profits to find their best people.
But we’ve only just started. Our mission is to help even more people to take their first steps into the sector. And we’re working hard to bring the sector together – building a strong community for each and every one of us, through CharityConnect.
True to our original vision of giving back to the sector, we donate 10% of our profits to charities and not-for-profits. And that’s why we’re proud to be the charity sector’s Champion. Better people. Better charities. Better world.
Please include a cover letter with your application outlining your relevant experience and how it relates to this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.