The Chartered College of Teaching is the professional body for the teaching profession and represents more than 45,000 teachers across the country, reaching more than 3 million students. Through Chartered College of Teaching membership, teachers have access to a wealth of research, resources and insight to enable excellent teaching. By bringing the profession together and giving teachers a platform for their voices to be heard and their expertise to be respected, we can raise the status of teaching together.
We are seeking a creative communicator to join the team as Communications and Marketing Officer. You will be responsible for delivering communications activity to promote the Chartered College's membership and its work to support fantastic teaching.
We are looking for someone with strong attention to detail, who has the knowledge and the skills to develop communications and marketing content for a variety of different channels and audiences.
Reporting to the Head of PR & Communications, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a high performing team with an organisation that keeps going from strength to strength. The successful candidate will support the creation and implementation of communications and marketing campaigns and activities across the Chartered College of Teaching, with a particular focus on growing our products and programmes such as our Chartered Status. We are looking for a highly capable and driven individual with the skills and experience to produce high quality work within tight deadlines for this busy and exciting new role.
If you're passionate about communications, are great at reaching new audiences and can balance competing priorities to tight deadlines then apply now!
For more information about joining the Chartered College, please find a short video from Dame Alison Peacock (CEO) and find full and comprehensive details about this role and our benefits in the application pack on our website (chartered.college/join the team).
Diversity and Inclusion
The Chartered College of Teaching is committed to ensuring that our workforce is truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected, heard and able to give their best. To ensure inclusion and engagement for all, the Chartered College of Teaching is committed to helping each employee always feel celebrated, supported and connected. We recognise the value that diversity adds to our work and organisation and welcome applications from candidates regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability, and, in particular, we encourage applications from BAMER people that are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Proud to be a Mindful Employer
We have made the ongoing commitment to be a certified member of the NHS Mindful Employer Network and are proud to have signed the ‘Charter for Employers Positive about Mental Health’.
The mental health and wellbeing of our staff is a priority for us at the Chartered College, and we take seriously our responsibility to be an indiscriminatory employer. All Chartered College employees have free access to the Mindful Employer Plus Advice Line, which provides access to trained counsellors for support with any matters that people may be struggling with, in any aspect of their work or personal lives.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer.
Reasons why this role could be great for you
- You will identify and lead proactive communications activity to promote the organisations, its programmes and products to support growth and expand audiences. You will also analyse data from communications and marketing activity to develop future plans and identify improvements to communications channels
- You will work collaboratively with many of the team across the business supporting with various tasks including developing proactive communications and engaging marketing campaigns, monitor brand use and provide feedback to the wider team to ensure brand consistency, marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. direct mail and digital)
- You will build your knowledge in the specialist areas of programme marketing, charity marketing and membership bodies
- You will be helping to grow the first professional membership organisation for the teaching profession and be part of the team driving the organisation forward at this exciting time for the future of the Chartered College
- You have 1 years+ experience in a communications role, along with a recognised qualification in communications or marketing (or working towards this), or equivalent experience
- You will have experience in email marketing and a strong working knowledge of social media tools and techniques
- Strong written skills and the ability to create effective and accurate copy for a variety of audiences and platforms
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office Suite
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading and editing skills
- The ability to interpret stakeholders needs and present solutions in line with project goals
- Focused on quality, with the ability to produce high quality work within tight deadlines and remaining calm under pressure
You will also be able to work both independently and as part of a team. You will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate a flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to and embrace change and competing priorities. You will have a commitment to diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
- Background in marketing for a provider of programmes
- HTML knowledge
- Dotmailer and/or Salesforce experience
- Wordpress experience or similar
- Google Ads, Google analytics and SEO experience
- Image and video creation and editing knowledge
- Experience of working in the education and charity sector
To apply for the role you will need to upload your CV and a maximum 1 page cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role and your notice period.
First round interviews: 3rd - 6th August 2021
Second round interviews: w/c 9th August 2021
These dates may be subject to change.
We encourage you to apply promptly as we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may complete the process earlier than expected if an excellent candidate is identified at an early stage.
If you have any questions or queries about this role or encounter accessibility issues that prove to be a barrier in applying for this role, please contact us via our website.
To apply for the role you must include a maximum 1 page cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role and your notice period with your CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.