About the Chartered College of Teaching
The aim of the Chartered College of Teaching is to improve the quality of education for children and young people. We support teachers, champion great teaching and raise the status of the profession so that teachers are working in the most effective, informed way to provide the best possible education for children and young people now, and in the future.
The Fundraising and Business Development Manager is responsible for securing additional income for the Chartered College of Teaching from a variety of funding sources including growing revenue streams from products and services, advertising and sponsorship income, voluntary income from trusts and foundations, corporates and individuals, as well as working closely with senior management colleagues to submit bids for competitive tenders. The role will lead the organisation’s fundraising strategy development and implementation. The role will manage the business development pipeline, grant applications and relationships with funders and will be proactive in seeking new opportunities.
- To work closely with senior colleagues to develop and submit bids for new projects and programmes.
- To work closely with senior colleagues to develop commercial models and plans to grow products and services.
- To increase revenue for existing products and services e.g. through sponsorship for events and advertising in the Impactjournal.
- To develop and implement a strategy to raise income from a variety of funding sources including trusts and foundations, grant giving bodies, corporates and individuals to ensure continued growth of the Chartered College; then to draft and submit high quality funding applications to them.
- To maintain funder relationships and to keep funders informed of the work of the College, including the writing of regular high quality reports.
- To work with the Executive Leadership Team to build the loyalty of existing supporters through devising and executing a funder stewardship plan, with excellent relationship management of all funders.
- To ensure that the College complies with the terms set out by grant giving bodies, individuals, corporates and major donors.
- To establish and maintain robust monitoring and evaluating processes where required in order to support front line staff in meeting funding requirements.
- To maintain, grow and regularly update live business development pipelines of individual donors, corporates, trusts and supporters, as well as potential bids and growth opportunities.
- Arrange and participate in meetings, including the fortnightly office meeting, and other activities as required.
- Attend and participate in CPD learning activities and training to maintain and develop your knowledge and skills.
- Perform other activities as and when required in order to fulfill the purpose and requirements of your role.
Skills and Experience required
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of and demonstrable success in either business development or fundraising
- Proven track record of developing, delivering and monitoring income generation strategies and plans
- Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with funders / donor organisations
- Understanding of the gift acceptance and donation processes
- Experience of developing and implementing a fundraising strategy and case for support
- Extensive, successful experience of bid writing
- Experience of project management, including monitoring and reporting
- Experience of working in the education sector is desirable
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Highly effective organisational skills, with ability to manage a varied workload
- Flexible approach, with the ability to adapt to and embrace change
- Self-motivated and driven
- Able to work independently
- Calm and resilient, with ability to work well under pressure
- Focused on quality, with ability to produce high quality work within tight deadlines
- A commitment to delivering outstanding service
- Adopts a professional and responsible approach
Applications invited by 12:00 on Wednesday 8th January 2020
First round interviews: w/c Monday 13th January 2020
Second round interviews: w/c Monday 20th January 2020
These dates may be subject to change.
We encourage you to apply promptly as we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may complete the process earlier than expected if an excellent candidate is identified at an early stage.
Our organisation is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age or disability. We welcome applications from candidates with protected characteristics.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.