The Chartered College of Teaching is the professional body for the teaching profession and represents more than 45,000 teachers across the country, reaching more than 3 million students. Through Chartered College of Teaching membership, teachers have access to a wealth of research, resources and insight to enable excellent teaching. By bringing the profession together and giving teachers a platform for their voices to be heard and their expertise to be respected, we can raise the status of teaching together.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join our growing and dynamic team on a permanent basis. This can be home or office based. Reporting to the Head of PR, Marketing and Communications, this is a fantastic opportunity to support membership growth at the College by delivering excellent brand awareness, new member acquisition and engagement campaigns. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of our marketing plan, with a focus on developing greater segmentation and insight driven propositions. The successful candidate will have experience of delivering great digital marketing campaigns, with outstanding communication skills, as well as experience of managing a small team. With a hands-on approach, the successful candidate will be a highly capable and driven individual.
For full and comprehensive details about this role and the responsibilities involved, please read the application pack at https://chartered.college/join-the-team/
Reasons why this role could be great for you
- You will be responsible for the development and delivery of our marketing plan, with a focus on segmentation and greater insight-driven campaigns to grow membership and brand awareness with target audiences.
- You will oversee all social media activity across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn and all paid advertisements via digital channels (such as GoogleAds, Facebook and LinkedIn) to attract B2B (schools) and B2C (teacher) audiences to join the Chartered College.
- You will take leadership of our website, CMS and Google analytics, ensuring our shop window is optimised, appealing and orientated towards converting visitors into paid members.
- You will monitor and evaluate the membership journey and establish the key benefits, features and positions that drive member motivations.
- You will take a hands-on approach and manage a small team to deliver growth across our product and service portfolio.
- You will work collaboratively with many of the team across the business.
- You will be helping to grow the first professional membership organisation for the teaching profession and be part of the team driving the organisation forward at this exciting time for the future of the Chartered College.
- Customer focused, you’ll understand how important attracting and retaining members is to our Vision
- Excellent copy-writing, written and oral communication skills
- Confident to undertake and deliver presentations and lead workshops
- Highly effective organisational skills, with the ability to manage a varied workload
- Calm and resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure and whilst multi-tasking
- Strong attention to detail and planning skills, yet agile and with a hands-on approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build and manage relationships with diverse groups
- Able to plan ahead, prioritise tasks and work independently
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent work experience that demonstrates equivalent knowledge of marketing
- Experience of developing and delivering impactful digital campaigns to drive growth
- Experience of creating engaging social media copy and leading social media campaigns and advertising, including Google Ads and Facebook advertising
- Experience of using CRM, DotDigital and Salesforce or other similar systems
- Knowledge of SEO and UX
- Knowledge of GDPR and how it relates to the storage, retention and use of personal data
- Experience of process management
- Experience of data validation and verification
- Experience of working in a membership or similar organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of brand marketing
- Experience of managing a small team
To apply for the role you will need to upload your CV and a maximum 1 page cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role and your notice period.
First round interviews: w/c 17 January 2022
Second round interviews: w/c 24 January 2022
Your Personal Data
As part of any recruitment process, the Chartered College of Teaching collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The organisation is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
All conditional offers of employment are subject to:
● Two satisfactory references
● Proof of qualifications
● Eligibility to work in the UK
We are an employer committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
Must include a cover letter and CV